Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, January 27, 2012

Review - "Never Cry Werewolf" by Heather Davis

Never Cry Werewolf
Publishing Date: 9/1/09
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: YA
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)

Description:
Moonlight can totally change your life.
And it all starts so simply.
You. Him.
The moon.
You're toast.
Okay, so maybe Shelby has made a few mistakes with boys lately (how was she supposed to know Wes had "borrowed" that Porsche?). But her stepmother totally overreacts when she catches Shelby in a post-curfew kiss with a hot senior: Suddenly Shelby's summer plans are on the shelf, and she's being packed off to brat camp. It's good-bye, prom dress; hello, hiking boots.
Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star) Austin Bridges III. But soon she realizes there's more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby's help guarding it. Shelby knows that she really shouldn't be getting tangled up with another bad boy . . . but who is she to turn her back on a guy in need, especially such a good-looking one? One thing's for sure: That pesky full moon is about to get her into trouble all over again.
Photobucket

My Review:

I loved the main character Shelby. She is FEARLESS. She's scared after she does something, but she tells herself, that she can face anything. She's a girl who has BOY issues...well, actually in my opinion, she has issues about worrying about everyone else and not herself. A lot of teen girls can probably relate to Shelby. I know I worry about others more than myself most of the time. I worry about my daughter all the time, but that's because I'm a Mom and it's my nature to worry. The book was kind of dry at first. I'm so used to excitement and action, that I caught myself putting down my Kindle to stop reading. I would pick up where I left off the next night or the night after that one. I just wasn't feeling it. I'm used to my fave authors: Gena Showalter, Laurell K. Hamilton, etc. I'm not used to teen puppy love anymore. I knew what I was getting into once I started reading the book though. I did like certain parts. Especially the parts where Shelby seem to always get into trouble because of Austin. She always got into sticky situations where she couldn't get out of. I also liked the ending because the author left you hanging and you know there's going to be another book. Yes, those are the endings I like. I love cliffhangers. =) I love Heather Davis's writing style too. She is definitely writing for a Teen crowd and more specifically the Teen girl. I definitely would love for my daughter to read this book once she's old enough. I think that is the main reason why I still read YA. I love to collect them, read them and then hand them over to my daughter once she's of age to read them herself. She's into things I already like as far as movies.
So I give this book 3.5 stars. I've noticed a lot of people who have read this book have gave it lower than that, but I feel this book definitely can teach girls something about what happens when you revolve life around boys and forgetting about what's really important at your teenage years. Its okay to love, but always remember to take care of yourself too.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB