Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review - "Blood Song" by Cat Adams

Blood Song
(Blood Singer #1)
Publishing Date: 6/8/10
Publisher: Tor Books
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Source: Library Book

Description:
 Bodyguard Celia Graves has definitely accepted her share of weird assignments, both human and supernatural. But her newest job takes the cake. Guarding a Prince from terrorists and religious fundamentalists is hard enough, but it seems like the entire supernatural world is after this guy too. When she is betrayed by those she is employed to help, and everything goes horribly wrong, Celia wakes to find herself transformed.
Neither human nor vampire, Celia has become an Abomination—something that should not exist—and now both human and supernatural alike want her dead. With the help of a few loyal friends—a sexy mage, a powerful werewolf, and a psychic cop—Celia does her best to stay alive. On the run from her enemies, Celia must try to discover who is behind her transformation…before it’s too late.
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
 I finished reading my first library book in along time. I think the last time I read a library book was when I was in high school and that was 10 years ago. I don't know why I didn't sign up with the local library sooner. I love going to the library and just looking around and reading there. It's absolutely peaceful being around that many books. I feel like I'm in heaven. Yes...that's the book worm coming in me, but when can I say, I have an obsession with books. Maybe it's also a Passion too. I happened to come across "Blood Song" by Cat Adams while browsing in the fiction section at the library. It wasn't something I was used to reading as far as Paranormal. I'm used to the hardcore romance type paranormal reading. This one seemed to be more about actual action pack, which had me guessing if I would like it...but towards the end I had a hard time putting it down.
My thoughts on the book after I finished it was it's something different and was definitely not expecting the book to twist and turn like that. There was moments in the book that were dry and I had to put it down for awhile and re-group...but their were other moments, where I had to keep turning the pages to find out what the heck was going to happen next. I enjoyed knowing there was a twist to the story at the end. I love when the author flips the switch and makes you gasp and that is what Cat Adams did. I wasn't expecting that at all to happen to the main character, Celia. I didn't like the beginning of the book...but I did enjoy the ending very much and I look forward to reading the next book. I will definitely borrowing it from the library. I look forward to finding out what happens next to Celia Graves and I definitely don't want to tell you what I found out about her in this blog post because I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it. All I know is, I think I have found another author that I will definitely keep reading her books.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB