Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review - "Hit List" by Laurell K. Hamilton

Hit List
(Anita Blake # 20)
Publishing Date: 6/7/11
Publisher: Berkley Hardcover
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Hardcover (Bought)

Description:
A serial killer is hunting the Pacific Northwest, murdering victims in a gruesome and spectacular way. The local police suspect “monsters” are involved, and have called in Anita Blake and Edward, US Marshals who really know their monsters, to catch the killer.
But some monsters are very real. The Harlequin have been the bogeymen of the vampire world for more than a thousand years; they are a secret so dark that even to speak their name can earn you a death sentence. Now they are here in America, hunting weretigers…and human police.
The Harlequin serve the Mother of All Darkness, the first vampire. She was supposed to be dead, but only her body was destroyed. Now she needs a new one, and she’s decided that Anita Blake’s is the body she wants. Edward thinks the serial killings are a trap to lure Anita closer to the most dangerous vampire they’ve ever hunted. The vampires call Edward “Death,” and Anita the “Executioner,” but Mommy Darkest is coming to kill one and possess the other, and she doesn’t care how many others have to die along the way.
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
May I just say, I was a little disappointed that my favorite Anita boyfriends weren't in this story...but I was okay...meeting a new character who ended up stealing Anita's love or lust, I should say. I wanted to hear more about my fave characters, Micah and Nathaniel. Especially, Nathaniel...I can't get enough of him. I wish this book series would be a tv show or a movie already. It would definitely blow away Harry Potter, Twilight and whatever crazy teen fascination the teens have...because this series is all for the adults. I love it!! I was amazed with all the graphic details and the action this book had. I'm a little freaked out about the Otto Jeffries character. He is really starting to freak me out even more. I'm glad Anita is trying her best to stay away from him...but he is so infatuated with her in this book that it goes a little too far. 
This book was about Marmee Noir coming back and wanting Anita's body....but of course you know Anita will fight back and fight back hard. I can't wait to see what happens to Anita and her friends in the next book. Thank you, Laurell K. Hamilton for keeping up my addiction with the Anita Blake Series. I love this series and I hope you never end it. I feel like I've known the characters for a long time and their apart of my life now.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB