Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, February 17, 2012

Review - "Torment" by Lauren Kate

Torment
(Fallen #2)
Publishing Date: 9/28/10
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Genre: YA
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)

Description:
 Hell on earth.
That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.
It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.
At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous.
What if Daniel’s version of the past isn’t actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?
Photobucket

My Review:
My thoughts on the book was kind of disappointed. Fallen was a little bit more upbeat and had me on the edge of my seat. Torment was just the opposite. I like the cliffhanger at the end though. It has me guessing on what is going to happen next to Luce and Daniel...but really I was expecting more out of this book. I was happy to a certain degree though that Luce kept putting her foot down and she wanted to find out the truth from her past. I'm also happy that she made new friends in this book. I'm upset though on that Daniel was hiding stuff from her and that Cam didn't show up much in this book. I must be into the bad boys because I loved Cam in the first book, Fallen. I'm hoping he'll show up more in the next book. I can't say I didn't like the book because I enjoyed reading more about Luce and finding out more about her past lives. I also find it interesting on how strong she has become. I give this book 3 1/2 moons. I love cliffhangers. Makes me anxious for the next book now.
I hope the next book has a little more action though and keeps you guessing. I love Luce and Daniel together...but give me more Cam too in the next book and I'll be a beyond happy reader. =)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB