Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review - "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines 
(Bloodlines #1)
Publishing Date: 8/23/11
Publisher: Penguin Aus
Genre: YA
Source: Hardcover (Bought)

Description:
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.
Photobucket
My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
Let me just say that Richelle Mead has done it again. She wrote a book that I couldn't put down and left me hanging. Really...Richelle Mead? You seriously have me as a FAN Forever! I love your writing style, I love the stories you create and I love the cliff hangers, you always leave. I'm going to miss the Vampire Academy series A LOT and I'm definitely missing Rose and Dimitri. Especially, Dimitri because he has always been my FAVE Male character in the series.
Until recently though...when I started reading Bloodlines and got a glimpse more into Adrian's life and I have to say...Adrian has captured my heart now and I'm looking forward to reading more about him.
I love the character Sydney and wasn't really expecting too since I didn't really much like her in the Vampire Academy series...but since Richelle Mead has finally told her story, I feel so terrible for the woman. She has been put through hell. No wonder why she is the way she is.
Bloodlines takes you into the world of the Alchemists and explaining them more. It also takes you into the world of Moroi and not Dhampir.
You get to read about some main characters your used to, like Jill (Lissa's sister), Eddie, Adrian (of course), even Rose (who appears in the beginning), and Abe (Rose's Dad)...oh...let me not forget the end of the book you'll hear about even more characters...but I won't ruin that surprise. Let's just say the cliff hanger is AWESOME and I feel terrible for Adrian. Poor guy, can't get a break.
I love the storyline in this book and what Sydney and the characters have to go through. She is in charge of Jill and making sure she is kept out of the limelight since Jill was injured...well, you learned killed later on. I won't spoil it though. I want people who haven't read the book to not know the major plot of the story. Sydney is forced to be a high school student again and also go through high school dramas again. She comes across something in the high school that she has to investigate...she also learns that the Alchemist she has been teamed up with, isn't what he says he is.
It's a huge storyline that leaves you on the edge of your seat and you just want to keep turning the pages to find out what happens next.
You'll probably be furious with the ending just as much as I was...but it was a good furious.
Like I said in the beginning Richelle Mead, definitely knows how to end a book and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Can this series capture my heart like Vampire Academy did though? We'll see. =)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB