Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Monday, March 5, 2012

Review - "Blue Maneuver" by Linda Andrews

Blue Maneuver
(Extraterrestrial Security Program #1)
Publishing Date: 1/9/12
Publisher: Land Na Publishing
Genre: Sci-Fi/Urban Fantasy
Source: Provided by Author (Smashwords)

Description:
 The extraterrestrials have landed and they're human.
Rae Hemplewhite didn't believe in aliens until a close encounter with out-of-this-world technology drags her into the extraterrestrial security program. Helping alien refugees adjust to life on Earth is difficult enough, but her first clients have a price on their heads. Plus, her new partner seems torn between the urge to kiss her or kill her.
And that's the good news.
The bad news: Alliances are forming in deep space. If Rae doesn't keep her witnesses alive long enough to transfer their top secret information to the right faction of humanity, Earth will become a battlefield.
Photobucket

My Review:
I was emailed awhile ago from Author, Linda Andrews, to read and review her book “Blue Maneuver”.  It took me awhile to get to it because of other review requests and library books that needed to be read before I had to pay overdue charges.  Unfortunately, once I did get a chance to start reading it, I came down with double ear infections and had to put off all reading until I was better.  Needless to say, I suffered withdrawals from reading at the time.  I have never gone longer than a day of not reading. 
When I finally got better, I had to finish “Blue” Manuever”. 
I’m not a Big Sci-Fi girl at all, but I thought I would give a chance after reading the description of the book from Linda. 
Some amazing qualities I found with the book was the story that Linda created.  I loved how she created a world where Aliens lived among us and we didn’t even realize it.  She also made it where the Aliens lived on other planets and they were like us, but so much more superior and better in technology than us. 
The main character where we dive into her head, is Rae who cracked me up several times in the book.  She was a spunky, determined girl who got herself in a bind one day.  She was clueless with having Aliens live in her apartment complex.  She was also clueless about the guy she had a eye on for awhile at her apartment.  Who knew one day she would end up getting abused and kidnapped (kind of) in her friend’s apartment while taking care of her friend’s cat. 
Rae is thrown into a world she had no idea existed and ends up having to save the world and help Aliens who are basically under the Witness Protection Program.  She is being bullied by her kidnapper Tobias who happens to run hot and cold.  You never know if he’ll be nice to Rae or become violent with her.  Then there’s the time, he forces these Ceebees in her, which you’ll have to read the book to find out what they are.  I found them the most interesting part of the book because they actually helped Rae out of so many jams when Tobias wasn’t there. 
You know a book always has a evil character or two to it and I wasn’t expecting the villain to be who Linda made it out to be. 
Now onto the stuff I didn’t pretty much like about that book, but other readers may find interesting and entertaining.  Some of the same words over and over again.  I know it was Rae’s talk, but I did find myself skipping over it sometimes, just to get the good parts.  I know she was trying not to cuss.  I found it entertaining when she did cuss because she would have to put a $1 in her swear jar.  I think they need to implement that to Sailors.  Well, veterans at least who just got out of the military, like myself.  I’ve been trying not to cuss for 6 months now.  Gosh darn it, it’s the hardest thing ever.  =) 
I also felt like some of the books was dragging and I just wanted to get the ending. 
I did enjoy this book, but it’s not my usual book to read.  I definitely would recommend it to anyone who loves Sci-Fi though.  For anyone who is a Paranormal Romance addict, you may not like it, but you may like it.  You’ll just have to read it to find out.  I know my Father would enjoy this book.  If only he read books though.  He rather see the movie, he says.  I do see this book being a movie one day.  I really think we do have Aliens among us.  What do you think? 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB