Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review - "Edge of Desire" by Rhyannon Byrd

Edge of Desire
(Primal Instinct #3)
Publishing Date: 6/1/09
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Library Book

Description:
Sheriff Riley Buchanan is a good man...but a man possessed. Plagued by vicious and uncontrollable impulses, he lives in fear of surrendering to real love. Even after years apart, he still craves one woman, Hope Summers, above all others, and will do anything to protect her from harm--even tempt fate.
Hope is a woman with her own secrets. For months she has eluded her abusive ex-husband, a ruthless creature who won't rest until Hope and her kind are destroyed. Hope's fantasies are still haunted by Riley, the one man who might help her, and the man whose searing touch she cannot forget. But surrendering to their long-denied passion could mean the destruction of everything they hold dear....
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
This book definitely had captured my heart and definitely made up for the last two books I read from the series. I think this one has become my favorite regarding the Merricks.
This book is about Riley Buchanan...the youngest son of the Buchanans. He was thrown into Washington to search for the next cross that his sister has sent him for. What he doesn't realize is that his high school sweetheart lives there too and he's about to run into her. Will it be a happy reunion or a blown up one where she throws pies in his face? I'll go with the pies in the face.
I actually cried while reading this book because I found out what happened to Hope after Riley broke it off with her and she married another guy. Another guy who turned out to be the biggest creep ever and who I wanted to go through the book and actually beat his ass for her. How dare him. How dare what he did to her and their future.... I'll leave it dotted since I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it.
My favorite scene in the book is when Hope's ex-husband got what came to him.
This book has it's moments where I had to sit it down though and come back to it. I wanted to smack Riley around a bit when it came to loving Hope still. He didn't want loving her to come back to him. Grrr...get over it...she's the love of your life and you're meant to be with her already.
I look forward to reading the next book in the series because it's not going to be about a Merrick this time. I do still want to follow the Buchanan's though. I also want to know about the Cassus who has turned good in "Edge of Desire." What is up with that? I'm confused. =(
Hopefully, the next book can keep my interest like this one did...although I don't want another sad one. I read this one when I was pregnant and believe me that was a horrible idea.  I was bawling like a baby because of my heighten emotions.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB