Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shelf Candy (#5)


Shelf Candy hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews. Every Saturday, bloggers choose a book whose cover really catches their eye. 
Who doesn't judge a book by it's cover?
  FranJessca's Pick
Title:Dragonswood
Author: Janet Lee Carey
Designer: Unknown

Just finished reading Dragonswood just recently.  I had a hard time putting down the book, but unfortunately I had to several times due to being a Mom of two girls who keep me on my toes and also working on getting my Degree at UMUC. 
I had a hard time tracking down the Designer for Dragonswood.  If I had the actual Hardcover or Paperback...I probably would've found out the information.  
I bought the Kindle Version instead.  
At first glance, I had no idea this book was about Fairies and Dragons...except for the name of the Title of course.  You know sometimes Authors like to throw you off though.  I just love how the girl looks like she is in the air and also looks like she just came out of the water.  The dress the girl is wearing is absolutely stunning.  I love the background of the forest and the dark colors.  If you read this book, you will definitely know why this is the cover of the book.  It definitely portrays at least partial bit of the book.  One of the things you definitely will not want to forget while reading.  I'm glad I finally got a chance to read this book.  I look forward to reading more from this Author. This is one book, that the cover of the book had me entranced, I knew I had to read it even without reading the description.


Anna's Pick
In The Dark of Dreams
by: Majorie M. Liu
Designer: Unknown


I read this book over a year ago and I can honestly say I didn't even read the book blurb. I just bought it because the cover was beautiful. I am so thankful for that impulse buy too because it helped me discover Ms. Liu and her wonderful books, namely the Dirk & Steele series. This book was the first I read in the series but it's actually book #10 I believe and I immediately went and bought the rest of the books to read because this was such a great book. The cover definitely speaks for the book and I mean come one...who doesn't want to read about a sexy merman?!?! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the movement in the Dragonswood cover. It is one of my favorite covers. I am glad to see that it was a good read for you as well. I still haven't read it.
In the Dark of Dreams has an eye catching cover for romance. I can see why you didn't bother to read the blurb before buying it.
Thanks for sharing your picks.
-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

Hi, there!

I'm SO happy to be able to comment on your BEAUTIFUL blog!! YAY!!

I LOVE both of these covers!! I saw "Dragonswood" featured on another blog recently, and was enchanted with it! It's such an eerie, surreal cover...I think she's dancing on the water, entirely through magic. AWESOME cover pick!!

As for "In The Dark of Dreams", wellll! Ahem...I really ENJOY my male eye candy!! And here we have a true masterpiece of maleness! What a GREAT choice! Ah, those bunched-up miscles...(blush!) Needless to say, I'm wishing this were a poster...

Both of these covers are gorgeous, and the plots fascinating! Thanks for adding to my personal Mount TBR!! Lol.

Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB