Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review - "Ink" by Holly Hood

Ink 
Publishing Date: 8/19/11
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Provided by Author
Buy: Amazon

Description:
Hope didn’t ask for so much change in her life. She was happy living in Georgia for the rest of her life. Focusing on the things she loved the most: singing, dancing, and her best friend Karsen. This was effortless, she had no worries.
But all that changed when her mother decided to leave her dad for Pete, the Tae Kwon do instructor. And now Hope had to choose between staying where she belonged or moving far away to Cherry California with her dad.
After making the choice to move far away, to protect her father, Hope realizes Cherry is nothing like the hometown she’s used to. Everyone is rude, high class and she doesn’t fit in. Not until Slade comes along. He has never fit in and he is okay with that. And Hope is fascinated by everything that Slade is. All the way down to his tattoos and bat wielding rescue the first time they meet.
She knows she should stay far away from him, but it proves tricky as she discovers dark secrets about the town and people in Cherry, California. Hope doesn’t know who to trust as her life takes a turn from ordinary and depressing to dangerous and wild.

Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
Let me just say this is the first book in a long time, that really caught my interest and I had a hard time putting it down. The story of it sucked me in from beginning to end. It also even had me dreaming about it. When I got up at 3 am to take care of my baby girl, I had to finish the book before I even decided to fall back asleep. It was my mission to find out what would happen between Hope and Slade.
Hope is a girl who has to give up everything in Georgia to go to California with her father and brothers after her Dad and Mom split up. She is thrown into a world of rich snobby people who she doesn't fit in with, until she meets the mysterious tattooed Slade, who helps her out of a dilemma. She is fascinated with him and wants to find out what he is exactly. Hope is forced into several situations where she has to find out who to trust. Should she trust Slade or Tucker, the boy who everyone adores, but something is wrong with his family. My first thoughts on Slade was he was dreamy and mysterious and I wanted to know more about him. This guy who could manipulate the Ink on Hope's arms. He definitely caught my heart and I definitely wanted Hope with him instead of Tucker. Once I did find out what he was, I was in Awe. I definitely wasn't expecting that and I can say, it definitely made the story more amazing.
I knew from the beginning there was something wrong with Tucker, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He was too good to be true. Once I got to the ending, I was surprised with his actions and his Dad's. Wow...definitely wasn't expecting that. My favorite parts in the book was the Ocean Scene between Hope and Slade, which was a very steamy scene and that wasn't the only one between them. I also enjoyed when Karsen came into town. She was Hope's best friend. The girl made it even more interesting and she had a way of getting Hope out of her shell even more.
I felt terrible for Hope in certain parts of the book...the poor girl went through hell to be with Slade. She didn't get any help from anyone most of the time, so she had to figure it out for herself. All I can say about this book is it's become one of my favorites and is definitely worth a read-again in the near future. I can't get enough of Slade. =)
Holly Hood captures the love between two teens perfectly. She also writes about the ups and downs of a relationship that a teen may endure when trust is a issue. She also writes what happens when parents get involved. You'll just have to read the book to find out about what Hope's Dad did. I definitely recommend this book for anyone who wants to read about magic, steamy scenes, and amazing characters. I look forward to reading more books from Holly Hood in the near future and I really hope "Ink" becomes a movie one day...I definitely would buy tickets for the midnight premiere and would watch the movie over and over again.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB