Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review - "In Service of the King" by Laura Kaye

In the Service of the King
(Vampire Warrior Kings #1)
Publishing Date: 2/1/12
Publisher: Harlequin Nocturne
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)

Description:
Kael, Warrior King of the Vampires, loathes the Night of the Proffering. He needs the blood of either his mate or a human virgin to maintain his strength, but hasn't enjoyed the ritual since he lost his mate centuries ago. Kael doesn't want a new companion, yet his resolve is tested when he lays eyes on his new offering, Shayla McKinnon. He is drawn to Shayla's beauty and poise...and the submission she offers. She is eager to give him anything he wishes, including her innocence, to please him. Will Kael give in to their overwhelming desire—even if it means risking Shayla's life?

Photobucket

My Review:
I finished this book and now want more of this series. Thank goodness the next book comes out June 1st. =)  I'm a HUGE fan of Vampires and the Series name alone "Vampire Warrior Kings" definitely had me intrigued to read "In the Service of the King".  
The cover helps also.  =) 
Kale is the Warrior King of the Vampires.  He is forced to participate in the night of proferring even though he doesn't want to.  He lost his mate centuries ago and he has never wanted another mate or even be with a Proferred.  Proferred is a human woman that offers her blood for the service of the king  and other things...so he can keep his humanity and help his kind.  Shayla McKinnon is chosen as Kael's Proferred.  When Kael meets her, he is instantly enthralled.  He doesn't want to be though.  He misses his mate, but for some reason he can't stop thinking that Shayla could be destined for him.  Shayla is happy to help the King, she's thought about this day for awhile now.  She wants to avenge her sister's death that happened awhile ago and she always wanted to be there to help the Vampire Warrior King in anyway possible.
Everything is going wrong though, she's being the perfect submissive, but Kael is being standoffish at first and then something happens, which makes her think it's her fault.  He does things to her, she wasn't really expecting.
I do not want to go any further into telling the book because I'll spoil the good parts.  Instead, I'll tell you my thoughts on this book.  I loved it!! Have I said that already?  I had a hard time putting it down.  I'm intrigued over Vampires.  I don't think I'll have stop reading about them.  To come across this book through Laura Kaye's Street Team, I just had to read it.  I would've finished it within a hour, but motherly duties and college homework took precedence several times yesterday.  
I love the concept of this series.  Kael is one difficult Vampire Warrior King though in the beginning. It took him awhile to realize what his destiny was.  I loved Shayla and how she tried everything to win over Kael.  She was the prefect Proferred for him.  She was trained to be the perfect Proferred and I think it scared Kael a bit at first.  
I loved the steamy scenes between them both.  I had to re-read them sometimes because I wanted to drag out the book a little longer because I didn't want it to end and of course the best parts to re-read is the scenes between the characters.  Oh yes!
I found it fascinating to read the Gaelic (Irish) language even though I do not understand it.  I will have to learn it now (I am part Irish).  Maybe one day I'll visit Ireland and I'll probably never come back to the States.  =)  
I loved reading about the mating at the end of the book.  Definitely different to any other matings I've read in other books.  
I look forward to reading the next book when it comes out tomorrow.  I will be buying it and reading it as soon as I get up in the morning.  
I recommend this book to vampire lovers out there, to paranormal romance readers, and readers who just want to take a trip through Ireland with this delicious Vampire Warrior King.  
I found myself reading in a Irish accent when I read Kael's part of some reason, once I realized this book was based in Ireland.  It's a habit I can't break.  =)  
This is a must read so add it to your TBR list.  =)  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB