Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Monday, June 11, 2012

Review - "Heat Rises" by Alice Gaines


Heat Rises

Author:   Alice Gaines
Publisher:  Avon Red
Release Date:  6/12/12
Genre: Erotic Romance
Source:  Edelweiss
Buy: Amazon and Barnes&Noble


Description
Being stranded in a snowed in cabin with the hunk of a man Laura had a crush on, and humiliated herself in front of, isn’t exactly a good time. She’s going to miss an important job interview if she doesn’t get out of the snow storm. But Ethan has taken it upon himself to seduce her until all she cares about is more of him. Ethan wanted Laura in college when she basically threw herself at him but he was too much of a gentleman to take advantage. And that was the last he saw of her until now. She’s the one that got away and this time he intends to keep her this time.



Review
This was a quick sexy read and I enjoyed it ok. It isn’t a favorite or anything though. It seemed like the love scenes were a bit over exaggerated, it became a little too much for me and I’m usually ok with things moving pretty quickly but not this time. The relationship between Laura and Ethan seemed a little forced and rushed. I wish there had been more time for them to ease into it a little more.
The characters where entertaining but the same thing as with the love scenes, their dialog was over done and it felt like they were forcing things along. I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped to. I will read more from this author because I can see it’s there, I just didn’t click with this story.
A couple of things that really annoyed me were some of the nicknames for certain body parts like member and groove, it was just too old fashioned for me. But that’s just me, I like erotic romance to be more real, dirty words and all. :)
I give this book 3 Moons and I won’t say don’t read it because it wasn’t bad, just not for me. So I recommend this one to erotica and erotic romance fans, I know there are others that would enjoy this one more than I did. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB