Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review - "Wilder's Mate" by Moira Rogers


Wilder’s Mate
(Bloodhounds #1)
Author:  Moira Rogers
Publisher:  Samhain Publishing Ltd.
Release Date:  3/8/11
Genre: Erotic Romance/Western/Steampunk
Source:  e-ARC provided by author
Author’s Website: www.moirarogers.com


Description
Wilder Harding is a bloodhound, created by the Guild to hunt down and kill vampires on America’s frontier. His enhanced abilities come with a high price: on the full moon, he becomes capable of savagery beyond telling, while the new moon brings a sexual hunger that borders on madness.
Rescuing a weapons inventor from undead kidnappers is just another assignment, though one with an added complication—keeping his hands off the man’s pretty young apprentice, who insists on tagging along.
At odds with polite society, Satira’s only constant has been the aging weapons inventor who treats her like a daughter. She isn’t going to trust Wilder with Nathaniel’s life, not when the Guild might decide the old man isn’t worth saving. Besides, if there’s one thing she’s learned, it’s that brains are more important than brawn.
As the search stretches far longer than Wilder planned, he finds himself fighting against time. If Satira is still at his side when the new moon comes, nothing will stop him from claiming her. Worse, she seems all too willing. If their passion unlocks the beast inside, no one will be safe. Not even the man they’re fighting to save.
Warning: This book contains a crude, gun-slinging, vampire-hunting hero who howls at the full moon and a smart, stubborn heroine who invents mad-scientist weapons. Also included: wild frontier adventures, brothels, danger, betrayal and a good dose of wicked loving in an alternate Wild West.



Review
I’m almost speechless after finishing this book….seriously! This never happens! LOL I went in knowing that I don’t like Steampunk, so I doubted I would like it, but I still read it anyways. Why? Because I love this author, I trusted that if anyone could change my mind about the genre, then it would be them. And I actually LOVED this book, so thank goodness I was right about that. :)

Moira Rogers, or as most think of them Bree and Donna, have a way of hooking their readers from the very beginning and pulling them into the stories. No change with this book, in fact it was so much more than I thought it would be. I was hooked from the very first page!

These Bloodhounds are not for the faint of heart and the women they need have to be some sort of tough to handle men like them! Wilder was swoon worthy if you ask me! I wish I had one just like him. Big, bad, tough but still a sweetheart. He’s the best kind of hero for a book like this. And oh boy, I loved Satira too. What a spunky little thing. She sure knew how to handle Wilder, in every way that’s important, if you catch my drift. Uh huh! Their chemistry was scorching. They kinda made me blush a few times and I haven’t done that since my very first erotica I read years ago. :)

I can’t wait to see what happens with the other characters, Archer and Hunter, they give me a feeling that they’re not going to be easy men to catch. But I’m excited to see where these wonderful women take this series.

This was a very original and creative story, with fun and entertaining characters. The characters and the story line were very well written, as they always are with Moira Rogers' books and the whole book was all together fantastic! I’m so happy I decided to chance it and read this one. Now I’m dying for more! I recommend this book to erotica, steampunk and paranormal fans alike. You can’t go wrong with this book or this author! I give Wilder’s Mate 5 Moons! Can’t wait to read the next book!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB