Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review - "Hex Appeal" by Linda Wisdom

Hex Appeal
(Jazz Tremaine #2)
by: Linda Wisdom
Publishing Date: 11/1/08
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Source: Library Book

Description:
The second book in the Hex series features feisty witch Jazz and her drop-dead gorgeous vampire cop boyfriend in a new installment. On again, off again for over 300 years, Jazz and Nick are finally back together, but then Jazz thinks Nick has bitten her. Separated again, upset and angry, the two of them start having violent, recurring dreams in which each one figures in disturbing and menacing ways. They can't sleep, they can't eat, and they finally figure out they'd better get together and discover who's poisoning their dreams-and their relationship.


Photobucket


My Review:
Another book with one of my favorite witches, Jazz...and her hunky vampire boyfriend Nick. Yum!!!  In the second book of the Hex Series, Jazz is having nightmares and so is Nick.  Someone is out to get both of them.  Not only is Jazz and Nick having trouble, but so are Jazz's bunny slippers.  (Poor bunny slippers...have been accused of eating a were-shifter).  Now it's up to Jazz to find out if they did or not.  She is forced to lock them out in a magical cage, until she can come up with what happened actually.  In the mean awhile, Jazz is dealing with other dilemmas of her own.  Like stated before, someone is out to get both Jazz and Nick.  Their relationship is being affected.  There is one time after waking up that Jazz comes down with a serious condition, that even has Nick running for cover.  Hopefully, they can figure it out before something serious happens to them or one of them.
My thoughts on Hex Appeal was of course...I'm so glad to read more about Jazz and Nick.  *sigh*  Love both of those two characters.  I even got to read about my fave bunny slippers.  Another shoe apparel were introduced in this book too, which I would mind having also.  Darn Jazz and her awesome wardrobe.  I felt terrible for both Jazz and Nick and what they were going through. I was upset when Nick ran when Jazz needed him the most.  (The jerk!).
I did find myself putting down the book every once in awhile because it didn't have the same appeal as the first book, but it did not prevent me from stop reading.  I wanted to find out who was attacking both Jazz and Nick.  I also wanted to know who was framing the bunny slippers.  (I know they're deadly slippers...but they're so cute...yes...I said cute).
I loved the humor in this book of course.  Linda knows how to make me laugh.  I always love a good paranormal book that has some humor in it.
When Jazz found out who was behind the nightmares, I wanted to hurt the person just like she did.  Grr! How dare that person attack Jazz over something silly.
I do believe "Hex Appeal" will be my least favorite in the series, but it will not stop me from reading the third book in the series when I have some down time.  I want to find out what happens next to Jazz.
I recommend this to readers who love a little humor in their book and readers who love the paranormal.  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB