Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review - "Tangle of Need" by Nalini Singh

Tangle of Need
(Psy/Changeling #11)
Author:  Nalini Singh
Publisher:  Tantor Media
Release Date: 5/30/12  
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source:  Bought (Audible)
Author’s Website:
http://www.nalinisingh.com/


Description
"Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past - one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild attraction proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno.... and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both."




Review
I have to start by saying once again Nalini has blown me away with her creativity. She’s such an incredible writer you feel like you’re in the story with her characters. Plainly put, she’s brilliant and in my opinion a total genius. I’ve loved this series from the very beginning and this book is no different. And I should add that since I have listened to this whole series on audio book, I've become attached to Angela Dawe, she really brings the story to life for me!

I do have some things to bring up though. I feel a little jipped, like half of the book was hijacked by Hawke and Sienna. Don’t get me wrong, I still love Hawke and having more of him was wonderful but I felt like it took away from the story between Riaz and Adria. Every other book had secondary characters that worked around the two main ones but not this one. I almost felt like this was another Hawke and Sienna book, Kiss of Snow Part 2 kind of. I kind of wish Nalini had just given the two of them their own Novella (Hawke and Sienna), it would have worked better for me.

Now with that said, I still loved this book! LOL I am and always will be in love with these characters. Riaz is so wounded and broken almost when Adria comes along and Adria is broken, so it was only fitting that they come together the way they did. Hot, Hard and Angry….that describes their chemistry better than anything. If you've read the book, you know what I mean. I liked how they came together but I felt it was missing a little something. Not sure what but I still loved them. It wasn't enough to lower my rating.

The secondary characters are still fun and entertaining. It's always nice to see what the different Snow Dancers and Dark River people are up to. I miss them when I'm not reading about them. And I have some favorites that I would really love to see get their own books in the future.

A little bit happened with the Psy in this book but for the most part it was just leading up to something huge that will probably happen in the next book or so. I can't wait to find out about all of that, especially with Caleb. I have a feeling there is much much more to him than meets the eye and I am so looking forward to finding out.

And last but not least, babies! I love babies and there are a few in this one. You'll have to read it though to find out more details!!!

I give this book 5 Moons because, well Nalini is brilliant with her Psy/Changeling world and outstanding writing! I hate the thought that I'll probably have to wait a whole year to get the next book. :( But until then, I'm gonna re-read these! ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB