Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review - "Shades of Desire" by Virna DePaul

Shades of Desire
Author:  Virna DePaul
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: 5/22/12
Audible Release Date: 6/1/12
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Source: Audible (bought)
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible
Author’s Websitewww.virnadepaul.com


Description
Natalie Jones, a photojournalist, has been diagnosed with degenerative eye disease so she has locked herself away in her home, afraid to leave because then people might realize she is blind. After being attacked by a suspected serial killer she becomes the only living witness the police have.

Special Agent Liam McKenzie, or Mac, has been looking for this killer for a while now. He knows it's only a matter of time before the killer strikes again so it's a race against the clock to find him. Having a suspect helps but he needs a witness, so when he finds out Natalie may have been attacked by the same man, he jumps on the chance.

Together Mac and Natalie work together, and sometimes against each other, to find the bad guy or guys and maybe in the process come to peace with themselves and possibly something more together...



Review
WOW! What an emotional roller coaster of a book! FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! First off, Bravo Virna! This book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time and being that I listened to the audio book, that made it even better. I felt like I was in shock when I finished it because that was some ending! This book is full of everything you want when reading a suspense novel, lots of action, some very well written characters, good and bad and some super hot lovin’ that was spicy and tasteful all at the same time!

Natalie was such an incredible character! I couldn’t help but sympathize with her. What a terrible thing it must have been to grow up knowing the she would one day go blind and even though she had that chasing her she still did what she wanted and became a photographer! I don’t think I would have been as strong as her! And then having finally come to that time where her sight was failing and being attacked not once but twice, just wow! Very inspirational! And then there is Mac! Oh how I loved Mac with his gruff demeanor and over protective instincts! Nothing like a man who likes to protect, even if it gets him in trouble! LOL

The secondary characters where great too! I am SO excited for the next book and hopefully more after that but I really really want to read Jase’s book, which I believe is next! He was such a fun character and he added a bit of light to such an emotional and tense story. The others were pretty fun too but he stood out more than them.

Since I listened to the audio version, I feel I need to say a few words about that. I am usually very picky about which books I’ll listen to because some narrators can take away from the story with their tone or the way they read certain parts. Not so with this narrator, Ashley Adlon! She did a fantastic job reading and I think she actually contributed to the feeling of the book. I knew I was taking a chance when I bought this book since I’d never listened to her before but now I know I’ll be seeking out more books that she has narrated because I absolutely loved her style of reading!

Over all, this was a well written, attention gripping, suspenseful love story that I have absolutely fallen in love with! I’ve read Virna’a work before so I know that this is definitely one of her best and it definitely won’t be the last I read from her! I give this book 5 Moons, wish I could give more, and I recommend this to all Romantic Suspense fans! Go get your copy today and fall in love with it just like I did!


1 comments:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! SO glad you enjoyed Mac and Natalie's story. :)

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB