Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Special with Claudy Conn & Candice Stauffer


We let Claudy Conn and Candice Stauffer take over our blog today, where they have some of their characters come together for Halloween for a little scene together.  

The video/photo below plays the sound of thunder, so make sure you play it while reading the scene.  You'll definitely enjoy what Claudy and Candice put together for Halloween.  =)  


Roxie turned from the dark dilapidated mansion and stared at Mia, “I hate haunted...”
   “Yeah. Me too.” Mia took a deep breath and released it with a sigh.
   “Well,” Roxie shrugged, “They are in there…I can feel Chase although I can’t seem to get through to him.”
   “Same here,” Mia said. “It really bothers me. I never have a moment of privacy. Joseph is always poking around in my head. What if they are…no.” She shook her head. “Whatever it takes we will get to them.”
   “Together, girl?” Roxie lifted her leg and they smiled at each other as one they took the door down with resounding thunder.
   The House creaked and then a roar grew and burst with untapped power and it seemed as though a mouth opened wide and released a visible gust of air that carried a stench. They scrunched up their faces and both put their hands to their noses as they grimaced.
   “Ugh…oh…” Roxie gritted her teeth and began chanting a spell to fight off the dark magic that was quickly surrounding them.
   Waving her hand above her head, Mia created a barrier of protection around them to block the horrid odor. “That was disgusting.” 
   They stood in a dark round hallway where they were surrounded by 4 doors. They tried the first and held each other back from the dark abyss that reached its sticky tentacles out to ensnare them.
   Silently they moved to the next one and there…there they saw Joseph and Chase, both naked to the waist, standing back to back, ready to spring. But, even as they entered, it was obvious the guys couldn’t see them.
   “What is up with this?” Roxie whispered. “They look like they are in a trance…but not.”
   “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
   Roxie and Mia moved into the room. Roxie linked with Chase as did Mia with Joseph and they realized their mates were caught in an illusion.
   Joseph and Chase are trapped by dark magic.
   “I can see through his eyes…Mia…they think that we are being held over a pool of acid…” Roxie grabbed Mia’s hand, “Can you break the illusion?”
   Lifting her phone, Mia nodded. “Sure thing. We can combine our power and create a spiritual hedge to block the dark magic. It’s a little trick I learned from Joseph. But first, I need to take a new profile picture of him.” She took the picture. “Okay. Let’s do it. Merge with me.”
   The men were immediately released from the spell, and the demon who had trapped them  slammed the doors of the mansion in his attempt to keep them within.
   Lesser demons suddenly appeared out of nowhere and the four were drawn into a battle. Blood—gore…and guts lay on the floor, but Mia and Joseph, Roxie and Chase, stood in a small circle and nodded to one another…the house was beginning to cave in on itself. Time to get out!
  Bam, boom, and with a creaky sound of death, the old mansion disintegrated.
  Chase turned to Roxie and pulled her in to him, “Baby…I was sick thinking you were in danger…”
  “And now?” Roxie teased.
  “And now…” Chase brushed his lips on hers as his tongue began to show her just what he wanted then and there.
“I want you, Joseph.” Mia’s wicked little hand gripped his cock from outside his pants. “All of you.”
“Mia.” Her name came out sounding like a growl and groan combined into one. Joseph pinned her back against a tree and kissed her deeply, passionately. He was on fire. Burning up. He needed to get her the hell out of there. But first… “Give me the damn phone. You are not posting the picture.”
“Too late.” Mia laughed.



    
Exquisite Breath of Darkness

Come and meet Joseph and Mia…

She rushed him and, with a burst of lycan strength, took him down onto the floor. For a few seconds, she sat motionless, her gaze not once wavering from his. He’d never even imagined a more exquisite woman. From the moment he’d first taken her hand at the cemetery six months ago, she’d become as essential to him as the air he breathed. For many years he thought he would never find a love as strong and as pure as her love. Now, he couldn’t fathom a life without her. He never wanted to try.
Too afraid to move, to touch her, to do anything that might stop her, he kept his fists clenched as his sides. He watched. He waited. He hoped for more. The sight of her on top of him, looking down at him with so much love and lust in her eyes, stole his breath away. It was his perfect fantasy made reality. He’d never experienced anything nearly as glorious until she reached down to touch him.
Her fingers never stopped touching his body, moving over him, exploring him with such obvious fascination and hunger that he was trembling with pleasure, with anticipation for more. “I really want to hate you right now, Joseph. I can’t believe I’m burning up for you like this. I’m going crazy. I’m not even sure of what to do with you.” Moving slowly, she leaned down, stretching her body over his. “I’ve never needed anything more than I need you right now. I have to touch you.”
Her breath was deliciously hot against his skin as her lips moved from the base of his throat to his jaw. “Oh, damn, Mia.” Closing his eyes, he savored the sensation of her mouth and tongue playing over his skin. He knew he needed to stop her. “Mia.” Her name came out sounding like a strangled groan. Her teeth gently teased his chin, jaw, neck, and ear. “Wait.” His pulse thundered in his ears. Nothing inside him wanted to detour her from touching him. How the hell was he going to regain control of his body’s demand for her?
“I feel alive when I’m with you.” Her fingers worked on unknotting his tie until she’d pulled it off. She framed his face with her hands. “Look at me, Joseph.” He opened his eyes. “Stop holding back. I need you to touch my body, every part of my body. Lose control with me. I need to feel every inch of your skin against mine. Need me, burn for me like I’m burning up for you.” Her mouth felt heavenly in the most sinful of ways feeding on him as her fingers worked to undo his shirt buttons. “Touch me, Joseph.”


Shadow Life Hybrid
(Shadow Vampires #3)

And meet Roxie and Chase in Shadowlife-Hybrid:

She knew he was three hundred years old—talk about messing with an older man—however, it was difficult to keep that in mind when he looked to be in his late twenties. In spite of the fact that she liked doing things for herself, she felt a certain flutter of pleasure as he helped her out of the car and saw her to the beautifully arched oak door.
A moment later he had opened the door and stood aside for her to enter first. She had to brush up against him in order to pass inside. A sensation rushed through her body, and a wave of heat infiltrated her loins. He made her feel hot, wet, and ready …
She had to get control. What was happening to her? She took in a deep breath and turned to him to say good night. Her mouth opened and stayed that way, but nothing came out.
All at once he scooped her into his arms, wrapping her in an embrace that left her breathless and wanting more. She knew she should object—damn, she knew she should run. Object, she told herself, but instead, her traitorous body pressed against his as he bent his head to hers and touched his mouth—oh, that sensuous mouth—to hers.
Her mouth was already open and ready for his kiss, and when that meeting took place, she lost herself to him. His touch vibrated wildly through her body as his tongue introduced itself to hers.
Run! her brain demanded. Run now … but how could she when rockets were blasting away any route of escape? Hunger real and overwhelming eclipsed all logic, all other considerations. She was hungry for this … no … for this from him, from this bold and feral man. Stop! her mind hissed. This is only because you haven’t been with a man in so long, she told herself … stop.
His kiss turned into two and three, and then suddenly, just as she wanted to tear off his clothes and have him, he was the one who pulled away.
And when he spoke he sounded as though he were panting—no, wait. She was the one who was panting.
He said, “Forgive me,” turned on his heel, and was gone.
She stood but reached for the wall to steady herself.
Holy shit! What was that?


Claudy Conn


  I could tell you that I love horses and riding, swimming, and walking—pizza and chocolate, oh yeah, but instead, I’ll tell you what makes me write.
  I have always found that visiting somewhere, anywhere takes on a life of its own and works its way directly into my writing. 
  A 30 minute ride to Office Supply (living in the country-anywhere is 30 minutes away), brings me into rows and rows of boring and endless paper, pens, printers and suddenly I look up and see two men discussing business—they look angry.
  Are they partners? They appear displeased with one another. One of the men looks particularly furious and as I cast a sideways glance their way, I discover that he is staring with hatred at the other man’s retreating back. Oh no, do we have murder in the making?
  Having dinner out in the metropolis one evening and I bent to pick up my napkin. As I lifted my head I saw a surly man and his eyes were wide and appeared crazed, as he stared across the room. He was staring at a woman who was leaning in to kiss the man she was with. I heard him mutter her name--I heard a low throttle of indignation in his throat. I knew without being told that she was his wife. His hand went to his waist and I see the gun tucked in at his belt. Will he pull it out? Does he mean her harm? Imagination.
  Travel almost anywhere is what you make of it.
  A trip we took to Scotland demanded we explore Lock Ness and as we gazed at its rolling dark blue waves I was sure I could see Nessie and her newborn dipping down deep as they made their way back to the sea and her life-long mate.
  In England, a trip to Stonehenge and the Standing Stones made my mouth drop. I moved in closer to stare at the monoliths in awe and it happened--I heard their call in the breeze and I went closer. What stories they whispered. I reached out and touched the stone expecting it to be cold but it wasn’t. It burned into my skin and I felt electricity shoot up my arm. There right before me were portals to a Faery Realm, and other dimensions and I couldn’t look away. Right there before me was mystery and ancient myths demanding my attention.
  Travel. I stood in the ruins of what was once a castle in Ireland and the walls rebuilt themselves for me and I can see men in armor drinking ale and toasting one another after a long hard fight in the battlefield. I saw their wenches cavorting with them. I heard the minstrel…
  I stood before a Fairy Mound and knew that the tales that began long before the written word must be based in fact. I am a strong believer in the adage, ‘where there is smoke there is fire’. I see the fire and it is full with history. I know how the tales of leprechauns and winged tiny pixies emerged and my mind explored the possibilities.
  As a writer, I have always found that research opened up my mind.
  Imagination…works my brain and makes me who I am.


Candice Stauffer
I live in Zeeland, Michigan where half of the year is winter and other, much shorter half, is summer. Yippy summer! It’s a wonderful place to live as long as you own a four wheel drive vehicle and you happen to get a kick out of measuring the snow fall in feet rather than inches. 

I write paranormal romance because I love to explore and manipulate the limitless possibilities of the genre. To be completely honest, I’m also very fond of taking a totally hot, powerful immortal hero and using a strong, confident, beautiful heroine to turn his world upside down and make him fight like hell for a victory that seems impossible to achieve. Some might call it torture. I call it entertainment and character building. Regardless, it’s great fun! 

I have a strong aversion for helpless heroines. No swooning, and definitely no whining. Though she’s afraid, a heroine must always be willing to fight like hell. And yes, even if the fighting is against the hero. I’m not sure why, but I tend to really enjoy it when the heroine fights against the hero. Hmm…maybe that deserves a little thought. Nah. Putting a hero through the wringer builds personality, right? How else could anyone empathize with a powerful, wickedly sexy immortal male that possesses the wherewithal to stand against and conquer the most dangerous forces of darkness and seduce the most beautiful women in existence? 

My thoughts are always wandering from one world to the next. I love to frequently visit my imagination. For me, entertaining those little voices and wickedly hot delusions in the middle of the night are an imperative part of the writing process. How else would I know what comes before the end?  

I’m often accused of being a little bit naughtier than nice and slightly rough around the edges. Okay. I lied. Very rough around the edges. Life has been a challenge. But I’m grateful for every challenge I’ve faced. Through them, I’ve learned to focus on the goal rather than the walls surrounding it. Basically, I figure as long as I enjoy life and do all that I can to encourage and help the people around me to enjoy life, it’s all good.

1 comments:

ldd6853 said...

Thanks for sharing the story I loved it!!

Lori

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB