Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: "Alice in Zombieland" by Gena Showalter

Alice in Zombieland
(White Rabbit Chronicles #1)
Publishing Date: 9/25/12
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Source: Bought Hardcover (Amazon)

Description:
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever. 
 Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone. 
 Her father was right. The monsters are real…. 
 To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently. 
I'd tell my sister no. 
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad. 
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words. 
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time. 
I'd tell them I love them. 
I wish... Yeah, I wish.
Photobucket
My Review:
Gena Showalter does it again.  She has me reading late at night so I can finish reading a spectacular book that she's wrote and she makes me neglect my duties at home.  She also has me falling in love with yet another male character.  Gosh, darn you, Gena!
 Seriously, Gena can write an amazing adult paranormal romance book and paranormal young adult book.  I've read almost everything written by Gena and she never fails at keeping me turning the pages and then leaving me hanging for more.
She's one of my auto-buy Authors who I will drop what I'm reading currently to read her books or even squeeze in between reviews because I'm one of her diehard fans.  I love her writing style and the amazing books she comes up with.
When I found out Gena was writing another young adult series and combining zombies and Alice in Wonderland, I was ecstatic.  I pre-ordered the book and waited anxiously at my door until my mail man delivered the book.  =)

Alice Bell has never gone out on a date, never did any sports that required her to stay out at night, or even gone to a slumber party due to her over-bearing, controlling father who makes her and her sister come in before it gets dark and stay indoors.  See...her father has always believed in monsters and those monsters are out there to kill them.  He has been trying to keep his family protected from them.  Alice has never seen a single monster and does not believe what her father says.  She thinks he is completely crazy.
When her little sister begs her to ask their parents to let her go to her Ballet recital which is during dark hours, her parents agree, but with stipulations of course.
Then the unthinkable happens and before you know it, Alice is being hunted by those monsters that her father warned her about.  She's also without her family because of that one tragic night, she chose to ask her parents to let her little sister go to her recital.
Now Alice is seeing monsters behind her grandparents house because she lives with them now and she also is forced to go to another school.
She meets Cole and the first time she sees him, they end up having visions of the future.  Cole is the bad boy that Alice should stay away from, but for some reason, she's fascinated by him and his friends that always look beat up and tired.  She knows they are trouble, but she can't help, but fall in love with the bad crowd...especially when it comes to the leader, Cole.
Cole has a secret though, that could probably put Alice in a lot danger...but she's willing to give up everything to find out the truth and what is really out there that her father feared.

That's just my little take on the book above...no sorry, no spoilers from me.
Gena definitely has a great start to the series.  I love her take on zombies and throwing in Alice in Wonderland in the mix.  I'm a HUGE fan of Alice in Wonderland and Gena definitely wrote a great zombie story.  (this is actually my first book that involves zombies..and I definitely plan to read more now)
If you're a fan of young adult books that are paranormal, have zombies in it, and would love a different version of Alice in Wonderland...then definitely check out this book.
Gena Showalter fans who have read her Intertwined books will love this book as well.

I'm looking forward to next year because I want to know what happens next to Alice and Cole and all their friends.
Umm...especially, Cole...seriously, he is a HOTTIE.  =)  
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB