Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Saturday, October 27, 2012

Review: "Rogue's Pawn" by Jeffe Kennedy

Rogue's Pawn
(Covenant of Thorns #1)
Publishing Date: 7/16/12
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
Source: Bought (Kindle)

Description:
This is no fairy tale...

Haunted by nightmares of a black dog, sick to death of my mind-numbing career and heart-numbing fiance, I impulsively walked out of my life--and fell into Faerie. Terrified, fascinated, I discover I possess a power I can't control: my wishes come true. After an all-too-real attack by the animal from my dreams, I wake to find myself the captive of the seductive and ruthless fae lord Rogue. In return for my rescue, he demands an extravagant price--my firstborn child, which he intends to sire himself...

With no hope of escaping this world, I must learn to harness my magic and build a new life despite the perils--including my own inexplicable and debilitating desire for Rogue. I swear I will never submit to his demands, no matter what erotic torment he subjects me to...
Photobucket
My Review:
I read "Sapphire" by Jeffe Kennedy last year around this time frame and when she announced she was releasing another book this year, I had to read it.
I was a little skeptical at first when I began reading it.  At first I was not really interested in it and thought I would put it in my pile of "do not finish" books without reviewing, but I knew I had to keep reading it.  In my mind, I knew I had to keep giving the book a chance.  I'm definitely glad I did.
The beginning had me lost a bit on what happened to the main character, Jennifer...but in the book she's called something completely different.
She's been put into a world that she doesn't know anything about and she's been considered the dangerous sorceress.  In fact, she should've been killed...but instead she's to endure some horrific days with some not so great fairies, who are making life pretty difficult.
She is being forced to train herself in magic and continue on living in this new world that she considers Faerie.  She has prices she has to pay along the way.  One being humiliated and locked away and another being forced to fight a war that has no purpose.  There's also the handsome, Rogue who wants her to do the unthinkable.
This book definitely had twists and turns that I was not expecting and I was confused on what was going on until close to the middle and I finally got what was going on.
The ending is what had me intrigued though and why Jennifer (otherwise known as Gwynn, per Rogue) was in Faerie in the first place.
Let's just say it has something to do with dreams and someone who really needed her.
Jeffe Kennedy does write some amazing love scenes, even if it's just flirting or somewhat flirting.
I connected more with Rogue in this story, instead of Jennifer/Gwynn.  I did eventually connect with Gwynn, when she finally decided to fight back.
This may be not my favorite book from Jeffe, but I'm not going to stop reading her books.  I want to know what happens next in the Covenant of Thorns.  Plus...Rogue seems like one male character I need to learn more about.  I only got a taste of him in this book.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves the paranormal romance or urban fantasy genres.  It is also for readers who adore fairies and different takes of them.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB