Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: "Wicked Nights" by Gena Showalter


Wicked Nights
(Angels of the Dark #1)
Author:  Gena Showalter
Publisher: HQN
Release Date: 6/26/12
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought (Amazon & Audible)
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Author’s Website: www.genashowalter.com


Description
Leader of the most powerful army in the heavens, Zacharel has been deemed nearly too dangerous, too ruthless -- and if he isn't careful, he'll lose his wings. But this warrior with a heart of ice will not be deterred from his missions at any cost…until a vulnerable human tempts him with a carnal pleasure he's never known before.

Accused of a crime she did not commit, Annabelle Miller has spent four years in an institution for the criminally insane. Demons track her every move, and their king will stop at nothing to have her. Zacharel is her only hope for survival, but is the brutal angel with a touch as hot as hell her salvation -- or her ultimate damnation?




Review
My friends have been after me to read more Gena, so I’ve decided that I will try to read through at least two of her series this year. The first was supposed to be Lords of the Underworld. But then I found this book! And now, I am completely hooked! So hooked that I just bought almost all of the LOTU books so I can sit and devour them at the next opportunity. I am so in love!

Gena’s writing really pulls you into the story and makes you feel a part of it. I can’t tell you how many times I almost jumped out of my seat or yelled out loud over something happening in the book. In my opinion, that alone made this a fantastic read! I love books that yank me in and keep me there from the first page to the last. I also fell in love with the characters! I’m not very familiar with the LOTU characters because I’ve only read a couple of the short stories in anthologies and the first book in the series but even with that, I still was able to follow along well and didn’t get confused. What I did get was insanely curious about the books before this one, so I HAVE to read them now! ;)

As far as the two main characters go they were great! I LOVE Zacharel, it’s very rare to find a hero like him! I’ve never been much into “Angels” in romance but he has changed my feelings on them. I want more! And oh man, I loved Annabelle too! She has to be one of my favorite heroines now! Even after all she has been through, and let me tell you, it’s a lot, she’s still able to hold her head up and fight back! I loved that about her!

This was a great read, in every way! The story is action packed with lots of demon fighting and bad-boy angels!  I absolutely fell in love with these characters and the story is a heartbreaking but also a very sweet and emotional adventure for two people just trying to escape torture! I recommend everyone pick up not just this book, but others from this author! She is quickly becoming a favorite for me! 

I should also comment a little about the audio book since I listened to most of this one. I like the narrator, which is rare for me. I can't stand boring narrators and this one wasn't boring at all. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB