Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"A Fine Romance" by Christi Barth (Interview/Spotlight)


Today we have Christi Barth with us talking a little about her new book A Fine Romance, which is book #2 in her Aisle Bound series. You can read my 4 Moon review HERE.



Welcome to Book Lovin’ Mamas! We are so glad to have you here today! 

This is my first time, and I’m very happy to be visiting.

1.  Tell us 5 things about yourself that readers may not be able find out about you on the web. 

Digging for secrets, huh? 1) I skipped the second grade (not as big an accomplishment as it sounds, trust me). 2) Although you can’t tell from my vampirically pale skin, I grew up in Los Angeles. Like, for real. 3) There is a rumor that I almost got expelled from college at the end of my sophomore year for a well-intentioned prank. I dare anyone to dig up the photographic evidence. 4) When I portrayed a prostitute in the opera La Boheme, the makeup artist from Batman 2 did my makeup. Most amazing drawn on cleavage ever! 5) I can type 120 words a minute.

2.  What does a typical writing day look for you?  

I’ve got a day job, so the typical writing part doesn’t occur until after dinner. I either start writing after Modern Family, or do all my writing before Castle…you get the picture. I bang out most of my words in the evening. Total night owl.

3.   Could you give us a little sneak peek of how your research process happens with a new book or series?  

I just began a new book. Since I had to send my editor a synopsis in order to sell the book, you’d think it was fully plotted. It was, but lots of little things still to research. In this book, the characters from book 1 of the series get married. I spent 3 days essentially planning her wedding: the dress, bouquet, bridesmaid dresses, cake – I had to be able to bring it to life for the readers who’ve waited four books for this payoff. That I did ahead of time. So much comes up during writing though, that slams you to a halt. I made my hero an Olympic athlete. I wanted him to have multiple medals, but when I researched his event, I found out that isn’t actually possible. Had to research what colleges have degree programs in video game design. It’ll be a one sentence background detail, but it’s got to be right. As much as I try to pre-research, I end up on the internet almost daily throughout the process.

4.  When you’re not writing, what are your hobbies/interests? 

Writing is an all-consuming mistress. Mostly. I’m a speed-reading bookworm. Adore browsing through cookbooks (I’ll check three out at a time from the library) and then making elaborate recipes. Love the theatre. My biggest hobby/interest is, of course, my darling husband. Anything I do with him is fun.

5. Who are some of your favorite authors? 

Nora Roberts, of course. Christie Ridgway and Louisa Edwards. J.R. Ward and Elisabeth Naughton. Stephen White and Robert Parker. The list is endless…

6.  When you are deep into writing what is your biggest pet peeve? 

Anything outside my control. If I choose to turn on music or the tv, that is fine. But the sound of my husband tapping on his laptop shatters my concentration….or maybe it’s just that I’m so crazy about him, he can distract me from anything….

7.  Do you ever base your characters on people you know in real life?  

I try not to. I’ve got a friend who keeps begging to be used as a character. But it is too easy to turn someone into a caricature for the sake of humor, and I wouldn’t want to be hurtful. I’ve done it only once—successfully, too—but I don’t want to push my luck.

8.  Who is your favorite character ever written?  

Um, I’d love to be the heroine from Book 3 of Nora Robert’s Three Sisters Island trilogy – I could read about her for days. 1) she’s a full blown witch, and there’s tons of awesome mystical-ness, 2) she runs a bookstore, which I LOVE reading about, and 3) she has a terrific hero who is strong and sexy. I’d happily read ten more books about her.

9.  If you could be any one of your characters, from any book you’ve written which one would you be and why? 

I’d enjoy being Linnea, from Act Like We’re In Love, simply because she’s an actress and I loved doing that. But if I had to choose to be a heroine based on what hero she ends up with, I’d be Daphne, from book 3 in the series, because the man she falls for is the drop dead sexiest, yummiest one I’ve ever written—and he’s got a British accent, too. How do you top that?

10.  Do you have anything specific you want to say to your readers, maybe about what’s coming in the future from you or anything else? 

Oh, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my books! I just began writing A Matchless Romance, book 4 in the Aisle Bound series. The heroine’s a matchmaker who is convinced she knows everything about men because she was raised in a brothel. The hero is a video game designer who channels all his sexual energy into training for triathlons. That is, he used to…. But the next thing readers should watch for is in July. I’m releasing a funny, sexy beach-fling beach-read called Love at High Tide. Then book 3 in the Aisle Bound series, Friends to Lovers, releases in October, with book 4 following in early 2014.

Thank you so much and we hope you will come back again! :)


A Fine Romance
They say you form your first impression of someone within thirty seconds of meeting them. Or, in Mira Parrish's case, within thirty minutes of not meeting them, when said person is supposed to pick you up from the airport and never shows. This is not a perfect start to her new life. Her friend Ivy is depending on her to run a new romance store, and Mira can't afford to let her down.

Sam Lyons should probably apologize. But every time he sees Mira—which is often, since his family owns the bakery next to her shop—he can't resist antagonizing her. There's something about the sexy, straitlaced woman that drives him crazy. He can't get involved, though. He has too much baggage to be any good in a serious relationship.

Despite his teasing attitude, Mira finds Sam too sweet to resist. (His hot body may be a factor.) But if there's going to be anything permanent between them, they'll need to let go of their pasts and look to the future…

 Purchase at Y Amazon Y Barnes & Noble Y Carina Press




Christi Barth earned a Masters degree in vocal performance and embarked upon a career on the stage.  A love of romance then drew her to wedding planning.  Ultimately she succumbed to her lifelong love of books and now writes contemporary romance.  Christi is President of the Maryland Romance Writers and lives in Maryland with her husband. A Fine Romance is book 2 in her 4 book Aisle Bound series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB