Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Monday, May 27, 2013

Review - "Undeclared" by Jen Frederick


Undeclared
(Woodlands #1)
Author: Jen Frederick
Publisher: Jen Frederick
Release Date: 4/28/13
Genre: New Adult
Source: Provided by author

Description
For four years, Grace Sullivan wrote to a Marine she never met, and fell in love. But when his deployment ended, so did the letters. Ever since that day, Grace has been coasting, academically and emotionally. The one thing she’s decided? No way is Noah Jackson — or any man — ever going to break her heart again.

Noah has always known exactly what he wants out of life. Success. Stability. Control. That’s why he joined the Marines and that’s why he’s fighting his way — literally — through college. Now that he’s got the rest of his life on track, he has one last conquest: Grace Sullivan. But since he was the one who stopped writing, he knows that winning her back will be his biggest battle yet.

This is a mature New Adult book. I see that it is classified as YA - not sure how to change that - but I wanted to be clear that it has explicit love scenes in the story.


Review
I’m not sure yet how I feel about this New Adult genre. I enjoy it ok but the characters are a bit too young for me and sometimes they are too close to YA, which I'm not a big fan of, that I just don’t enjoy the story at all. ;) I’ve managed to read a few different NA books so far and of those few this one was my favorite one. I actually enjoyed this one a lot more than any of the others and I plan to continue reading this series and this author in the future.  She managed to keep it young and light mostly but for me it read like a regular contemporary romance and that I really liked! I didn’t feel like I was reading about teenagers like I did with the other NA books I've read.

Noah and Grace start off by just writing letters back and forth, this started by Grace for a high school project she did writing to someone in the military. (I LOVED reading their letters back and forth! It made it sweeter for me.) But then Noah stopped writing after Grace revealed her feelings for him and kind of blew any chance he had with her. Or so Grace says, Noah has other ideas. Now he is there attending where she is going to college and he wants her to be his and he’ll do pretty much whatever it takes to get her.

It was really sweet while Noah was pursuing Grace! Lots of aww! moments. And I didn’t blame her for being reluctant but there were times I just wanted to scream at Grace because the guy was working hard to win her back. Though, I guess he did kind of deserve it! Even so, she eventually comes around and all is well.

I wasn't a big fan of Grace's friend Lana, she is VERY negative and I kind of wish we had learned a bit more about that but I have a feeling we will be seeing much more of her later so maybe we'll find out then. I loved Noah’s friends! All the guys, especially Bo though. He is hilarious and I’m excited for more of him in the future!!! Heck, I'm excited for all of the guys! The are all so different, it should be interesting to see what happens with them all.

I really really enjoyed this book! It’s a straight up normal low drama romance, very easy to read. Great for a summer day! I honestly wasn’t sure how I would like it but once I started that very first page I couldn’t put it down until I read to the very last page.  This story is fun and sweet and hot and all things in between and best of all there’s more to come! I can not wait for Bo’s story! Seriously, the guy is very entertaining. I’m anxious to see what kind of girl knocks his socks off! I have a guess who but we will see! ;)

Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB