Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review - "The Darkest Passion" by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Passion
(LOTU #5)
Publishing Date: 5/25/10
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Paperback (Bought)

Description:
For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel--demon-assassin--has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting--and falling for--Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this "mortal" with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?
Now, with an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't....
Photobucket

My Review:

(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
I finished reading back in June of 2010, "The Darkest Passion" by Gena Showalter, one of my fave authors who I've been reading since last 2009. A friend got me hooked into her books and believe me I'm HOOKED for good. I'm reading not only her Lords of the Underworld series, but I love her Alien Huntress Series too.
This book was one that had me BAWLING.
It was about Aeron, his Demon, Wrath and a Fallen Angel, Olivia. Olivia is now my 2nd favorite female in the series. Anya will always be my first favorite.
Aeron is the Keeper of Wrath and all he wants to do is help his friend Paris in the beginning of the book. Olivia has been watching Aeron for awhile now and Aeron knows someone has been watching him. Olivia was assigned to kill Aeron, but she's not able to, so instead she chooses a different destiny for herself. She wants to know Aeron up close and personal. She doesn't know yet, but she has strong feelings for him. Aeron does everything to ignore her. He just wants to live his life, help his friends, and destroy Galen and the Hunters. This book also steps into Gideon's life a bit and also Strider's. It's preparing us for the next books. Yes!!! Thank you, Gena for doing that. =) I also learned about Legion more in this book and how much I despise the little girl demon. Well, I thought she was a girl demon, but it seems the book takes a twist. I also didn't expect something in this book that shocked me, but I think I know where Gena is going with it. =)
I give this book 5 stars and two thumbs up. =) I love Gena's writing style. I love how she prepares for her next books in the series. I also love how she works up to the ending of each book. The characters are amazing. Again, my fave female character so far in the series will be Anya and my fave male is actually now Aeron and Lucien is second. =)
Thank you again, Gena Showalter, for keeping me on the edge of my sit with this book. I love the LOTW SERIES!!!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB