Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, February 9, 2012

Review - "Bundle of Trouble" by Diana Orgain

Bundle of Trouble 
(Maternal Instincts Mystery #1)
Publishing Date: 8/4/09
Publisher: Berkley
Source: Provided by Author
Genre: Mystery

Description:
 First-time mom Kate Connelly is bringing up baby- and bringing down a killer.
Kate Connelly may have found the perfect work-from-home Mommy job: private investigator. After all, the hours are flexible, she can bring the baby along on stake-outs, and if you're going to be up all night anyway, you might as well solve some crimes. But when a body is pulled from San Francisco Bay that may be her brother-in-law, Kate must crack the case faster than you can say "diaper rash" in order to keep her family together.
Photobucket

My Review:
I'm so glad Diana Orgain contacted me through email in January to read her book "Bundle of Trouble".  I would've never known about her series about Kate Connelly and her future P.I. job.  I also wouldn't have such a comical and fun book to read...that makes me realize I need to lighten up on motherhood.  I tend to be very over-protective of my children and love them so much...that sometimes I'm just like Kate, "Is she breathing...am I producing enough milk, and am I being a great mother?"  
Kate Connelly reminds me of myself (except for the P.I. Job).  I gave up my Art Institute to stay home with my 2nd daughter since I didn't want to leave her.  Shes' my precious baby girl and no one else could take care of her like I do (plus with breastfeeding, it's kind of hard to go to school and pump)....so I decided to go to online college courses instead.  I get to pace my schedule and take care of my baby and also make sure my oldest daughter does her homework everyday.  Believe me a Mother's Job is never done.  I think I worked more than I did when I was in the Navy...but you know what, I wouldn't change it for the world.  I love being home with my girls and that is why I can relate to Kate Connelly. 
Kate is a new Mom who doesn't want to go back to her office job.  She instead wants to run her own business, of Private Investigating.  How does she come about with this idea, you ask?  Well...let's just say it has something to do with her brother-in-law, George,  and her old high-school friend, Michelle.  First off, her brother-in-law is a piece of work, he is always in some kind of trouble and seems he can never get his life on track.  Kate's husband Jim, knows his brother's ways all too well.  Kate just wants to find out why George's bags were left on the pier and where he is exactly and why he is being considered for murder.  To crack the case, Kate actually gets involved since the cops aren't getting anywhere.  She gets her first taste of PI work when a Private Investigator is sent to the Hospital.  She takes over his Job.  
I won't spoil the book for anyone.  If you love mystery books, this is a definite read...but be forewarned, read the title, this mystery I recommend more to Women.  Why Women...because guys would probably get confused over the maternal instincts of Kate (if you know what I mean).  They actually would know what a Woman thinks when she's a Mother and why we are over-protective.  =)
I loved the beginning to the end of this book.  I loved the comical situations and mysteries that Kate put herself in.  My favorite part would have to be when Jim is left with Laurie (their newborn) and doesn't know how to calm him down.  Jim reminded me of my husband.  I had to laugh at those parts.  Poor Men!  (haha)
I also want to say, I kept changing my mind who the killer could actually be.  Diana definitely threw me for a twist and I definitely wasn't expecting that kind of ending, which is always a plus for me. I didn't know the killer was that person.  I thought it was someone else.  I love those kind of twists and turns.
I definitely look forward to reading the next book in the Series and finding out what other mystery Kate cracks.  I also look forward to hearing about Kate's Maternal Instincts. =)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB