Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, April 13, 2012

Review - "Demons are a Girl's Best Friend" by Linda Wisdom

Demons are a 
Girl's Best Friend
(Demons #1)
Publishing Date: 4/1/11
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)

Description:
Feisty witch Maggie enjoys her work as a paranormal law enforcement officer—that is, until she’s assigned to protect a teenager with major attitude and a sleazy boyfriend. A group of satanic Mayans priests has decided Courtney has a drop of divine blood in her—making her just the virgin sacrifice they need to release their God and rule the world.
To prevent this catastrophe, Maggie must team up with half fire demon Declan, the proprietor of Damnation Alley, an underground club and busy demon portal. Declan will be damned if he’ll allow his demon race to be blamed for the malicious acts of some evil Mayans. So he decides to seduce the sexy witch in an effort to discover what the law enforcement agency knows about the Mayan’s plans, but then things get more than a little hot, and Declan finds himself seriously entangled with the sexiest woman he’s ever met…

Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
From the beginning to the end...I was hooked to this book. Linda Wisdom creates a Sexy, Dark Paranormal World. The characters were KICK-ASS!! I couldn't get enough of Declan and Maggie. The chemistry between them was un-breakable. Although, they captured my heart from the beginning...Courtney is the one who had me falling out of my chair with her teenage tactics and what Maggie put her through.
I loved the plot of the story and that is what had me hooked. You got to hear from both Declan's point of view and Maggie's. Declan would let you into his Demon World and what he was dealing with and Maggie would bring you into the world of Paranormal Law Enforcement.
My favorite parts in the book that had me laughing was when Maggie had to make Courtney not give away the paranormal world. She put a spell on her that made her, not say any magic or paranormal words...instead Courtney would sound silly. It made Courtney really upset and had me laughing into tears. Poor girl.
I also adored Elegance, aka Elle...Maggie's personal Spider who attaches to her literally. She's a diamond-encrusted spider tattooed on her. Who wouldn't want that? I know I wouldn't mind Elle being tattooed on me. She does her own damage to bad guys...or just guys period. She brings humor also to the story.
This was my first book I read by Linda Wisdom and it won't be my last. I adore this series so far and I look forward to the next book and reading her other books when I get the chance.
I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal humor ROMANCE. Don't expect too many erotic sex scenes in this book. It's more of a Humorous, action packed Paranormal Romance...It does get steamy a bit with Declan and Maggie...but not like other authors that I've read.
It was great to read something different though. I always love a good laugh. I also love kick-ass heroines, sexy heroes....and even pain in the ass teenagers...(reminds me of myself a bit when I was a teen...LOL).
This book definitely deserves 5 moons...or maybe 10. =)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB