Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review - "Kiss Me I'm Irish" by Roxanne St. Clair, Jill Shalvis & Maureen Child


Kiss Me I’m Irish
Author:  Roxanne St. Claire, Jill Shalvis & Maureen Child
Publisher:  HQN
Release Date:  3/1/12
Genre:  Romance Anthology
Source: NetGalley


Description
The Sins of His Past by Roxanne St. Claire
The love of Kendra’s life is back in town and he thinks they should just continure where they left off but after being left by him she’s not so sure that’s what she wants. Deuce is back home and he’s ready to pick up where he left off and that includes with Kendra too but he’s going to have to convince her.

Tangling With Ty by Jill Shalvis
Child prodigy Dr. Nicole Mann has no time for men in her life but when she meets the handy man/architect working on the building she lives in she makes a little exception.  Even with his sexy Irish accent and his oh so hot body she still doesn’t want anything but a fling with him. He on the other hand wants it all and he wants it with her.

Whatever Reilly Wants by Maureen Child
Connor Reilly made a bet with his brothers that they could go without sex for 90 days, one brother already lost but he’s dertremined not to. He’s doing great so far with only a few weeks left. He figures the safest woman for him to be around right now is his best friend Emma…until she shows up at a local bar dressed to kill.



Review
I love anthologies so I was excited to read this one. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with it. The first story by Roxanne St. Claire was boring, I had a really hard time finishing it. I can’t name anything specific, I just didn’t like it. The characters were boring and I’ve seen it all before.
I did enjoy the second story  by Jill Shalvis. I had actually read the book that came before this one about the first friend to fall in love, so I was happy to finally see what happens with Nicole. I wasn’t disappointed either. It was a classic Jill Shalvis story, with very likeable characters and a great storyline. And my favorite thing about Jills books is that they’re funny and this one was too. I loved Ty Patrick O’Grady, he was hilarious and sexy to boot.
The third story by Maureen Child was just ok. Not boring like the first but I didn’t love it like the second one. The characters were ok, sex scenes were decent and the story was ok too. I just couldn’t get into it the way I could with Jill Shalvis’s story.
I give this book 3.5 Moons, only because I loved the second story, without it I would have rated a little lower.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB