Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ARC Review - "Night Demon" by Lisa Kessler


Night Demon
(The Night Series #2)
Author: Lisa Kessler
Publisher:  Entangled Edge
Release Date: 3/18/13
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Provided by Publisher
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Author’s Website:

Description
Deep within the Yucatan jungle a demon has awakened...

Gretchen Finch's job would be much easier if she weren't alone in the jungle with a brilliant recluse whose every glance sets her on fire. But the more she focuses on her work, the closer she gets to unlocking the mysteries of a terrible creature - the Night Demon - that threatens the world as she knows it. Though her scientific mind tells her it's impossible, she's beginning to believe the ancient Mayan tales as the sinister jungle comes alive around her.

Lukas Smith has spent hundreds of years searching for answers to his immortal Night Walker nature. As a series of ancient glyphs become clear, he's about to find out more than he'd ever hoped, but the more he learns, the more his fate intertwines with the Night Demon, and the harder it becomes to hide his immortal secret from the beautiful, intelligent Gretchen.

Together, they must find a way to stop the inexplicable violence and mass destruction surging across the earth before the Night Demon destroys more than just mankind.


Review
Oh my goodness! OH MY GOODNESS!!! This book was SO GOOD!!! I feel like I waited forever to finally read it and I can say now that the wait was very much worth it! 


While I enjoyed Night Walker and Night Thief quite a lot, Night Demon is a whole different story. I got totally sucked into the Night Walker world, I couldn't put it down! This is a dark and eerie story about ancient immortal gods and a demon that once ended an entire race. At times you can almost feel the darkness through the pages and this made it even better. Plus the really cool Mayan history used, which I found absolutely fascinating!



I really liked Lukas and Gretchen! Both were really strong characters and they had great chemistry together. I do wish they had gotten to the good stuff sooner, if you know what I mean, but once they did it was hot and I was happy.


There were so many important character in this story. Some we know from the previous books, Callisto and his mate Kate and Kane and his mate Rita. And then there is Colin, who we met briefly at the end of Night Thief and Issa who is new. I love all of these characters so much! It was good to see more of Kane and Callisto and I am very intrigued by both Colin and Issa. I'm really looking forward to future books and getting to know them more. And after that ending I need to know what is gonna happen with them! Seriously, I was not expecting that!

My only complaint is that I got a bit confused in the beginning with all of the point of view changes. But having read the whole book now I see that it was necessary to do it that way to get the whole story so don't let it put you off.

Overall this was a great read! I recommend it to all vampire lovers and PNR fans! It's something new and a little different than most vampire stories! The characters are great, this world Lisa has built is incredible, it's action packed and the romance is super sweet! You don't really have to read the other two books before this one but I recommend that you do so you get all of the information. Plus I mean, you don't wanna miss out on Kane and Callisto right? ;) And can I just say, I'm ready for more!!!


1 comments:

Thanks for reading and reviewing Night Demon!!!

I'm so glad it was worth the wait!!! LOL

Lisa :)

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB