Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review - "Touch of Surrender" by Rhyannon Byrd

Touch of Surrender
(Primal Instinct #5)
Publishing Date: 5/1/10
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: Library Book
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:
With his auburn hair and lean build, Kierland Scott looks more man than lycan. But his wolf instincts are aroused by the gray-eyed Morgan Cantrell. Not because of her beauty, but because of her long-ago betrayal, a fateful choice that made their love impossible.
Now, however, the two Watchmen must team up, leaving the placid Lake Country for the forests of Scandinavia. To rescue Kierland's brother, they must track a vampire—and use their combined shape-shifting sensitivities in a battle that will take them beyond death. As the two learn to seek together, they begin to understand the history that has driven them apart. But they will have to overcome death itself, if their shared passion is to have a chance.
Photobucket

My Review
The first book I finished in 2012.  =)  
I was determined to finish "Touch of Surrender" by the 1st of the year and I'm glad I did because I have a stack of books that I need to read in the next month.  
This was not my favorite book in the series at all and I think I'm being a little nice by giving this book 3 stars.  The only thing I enjoyed about this book was Morgan, the Heroine in the story and Ashe.  The Hero, Kierland, was pissing me off.  I wanted to go through the book and slap him like crazy.  He sounded like whiny B**** instead of a Man.  Grrr!!!
I also felt like the story was dragging and didn't really have much action to it.  It was mostly going back and forth to Morgan and Kierland's point of view.  Morgan would complain about Kierland's mean attentions and Kierland would say how difficult it was to work with and be with Morgan.   
There was a few times, I wanted to throw the book across the room.  The only thing that got me interested was when Morgan's ex-lover, and close friend, Ashe came into the book.  It was about time someone knocked some sense into Kierland and even Morgan.  
I was upset the book didn't have much of a storyline to it also.  It was focusing on Kellan's character, Kierland's brother and getting him back.  I do love Kellan though and I'm looking forward to his book...but Kierland didn't even many fight scenes like the previous books did.  He had more of a emotional drama instead of a physical one.  He just didn't know what he wanted until he almost lost Morgan and even then, he was being a big pain in the ass...not seeing the BIG Picture.  Gr!
I plan on reading the next book in the series and hopefully it will get me back to loving the series...but as of now...the only thing that saved this book was a Vampire who I wish I knew more about.  I was even hoping Morgan would hook back up with him instead of Kierland.  
I recommend this book who loves the series...and who actually adores Kierland in previous books...but for me...Kierland didn't live up to his potential like I thought he was. 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB