Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday: The Bucket List (1) - 2/15/12

Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Desperately Wanting Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.com. For books that you are desperately wanting, either because they haven't been released or you haven't purchased them yet.

Books on our Bucket List:

  FranJessca's Pick

Kiss The Dead
by: Laurel K. Hamilton
Publishing Date: 6/5/12
Publisher: Berkley

Description:
When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it’s up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she’s faced with something she’s never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people—kids, grandparents, soccer moms—all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there’s one martyr, there will be more. But even vampires have monsters that they’re afraid of. And Anita is one of them...

Why it's on my Bucket List:
I have been a fan of Laurell K. Hamilton for a few years now.  Ever since I picked up the first Anita Blake Book...I've been in love with the Series.  I love ALL the characters.  I think of Micah and Nathaniel as my Imaginary boyfriends and Family.  I love those two.  I even love Jean-Claude, but Nathaniel has my heart first.  I love Anita Blake and her kick ass self.  I can't get enough of knowing what will happen to her next.  
Laurel K. Hamilton, just recently released the cover to "Kiss the Dead" and I have to say, this is the BEST cover out of the Series so far.  Definitely can't friggin' wait!!!  Hurry up, June!!  =)


Anna's Pick


Darkness Becomes Her
by: Jaime Rush
Publishing Date: 5/29/2012
Publisher: Avon
Buy: Amazon or Barnes & Noble


Description


Lachalan McLeod doesn't get out very much.  He's been keeping himself away from society ever since he became addicted to using his powers and caused a fatal mistake.  He had astral projected into the past but didn't realize that his present body was acting out the past until it was too late and his mother was dead.  Luckily, Lachlan hasn't been able to astral project since then.  Until now...Jessie even her real name.  But it doesn't matter what she's called now because she'll just have to change it again soon.  Jessie's been on the run since she was a child and she watched her uncle kill her mother and then take over her father's body.  And if that wasn't traumatizing enough, she quickly realized that she was in possession of the same "becoming" power as her evil uncle.  Though she can't change herself into an evil smoke-dog like he can, she knows that she can never get close enough to someone to lose control.  They're two people who don't play well with others.  But they're going to have to learn to, and quickly.  Because they're the only two people in the world who can save each other.

Why it's on my Bucket List:

 A Perfect Darkness, book #1 in the Offspring series was one of the first PNR books I read and is a major reason why PNR is now my favorite genre to read in. Since then I have devoured many many more books but the Offspring series is still one of my very favorite series. I fell in love with all of the characters, especially Cheveyo and after reading his and Pertra books I thought I had read the last book in the series. I was so sad but then I found out the series will continue and we'll get to hear the McLeod brothers stories. I am SO excited, I those those two guys. I have a feeling that they will be even better than the others. :) And would you check out that cover?!? YUM! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB