Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Review - "Blood Law" by Karin Tabke

Blood Law
(Blood Moon Rising #1)
Publishing Date: 5/3/11
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Source: Library Book

Description:
 For all eternity, only one thing shall separate them—until the Blood Law is avengedThe coming of the Blood Moon will lead two Lycan packs into war, spur two rival brothers into conflict, and spark an act of vengeance so evil that its effects will be felt for generations. One woman stands at the center of it all. As undisputed Alpha, Rafael must choose a life mate to preserve the dominance of his Lycan pack. He never suspected, his mate would be a human, the same wounded, girl-woman he seduces from the brink of death. Falon is a dangerous combination of Lycan and Slayer—beings bred to destroy his kind. Even more, she’s a mesmerizing beauty whose sensuality tempts the seasoned warrior to take unnecessary risks. The primal heat between them is irresistible, yet surrendering to it could destroy them both…for a vengeful foe stands ready in the shadows to fulfill what is rightfully his by Blood Law.
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
I finished this book October '11 and had to get it back to the library in a hurry. Thanks to my local library for ordering this book so I can read it. I gave it actually 4.5 stars. I enjoyed reading this book and think I will have to buy it eventually for my own collection at home.
 Now onto my opinion of the book. Let me just say I wasn't really into the book at the beginning. I thought it took awhile to get it up to some action and drama that I was used to reading. After a few chapters though, it got really interesting and I had a hard time putting it down. Especially, the sex scenes between the main characters Rafael and Falon. Wow!!!! It got really heated and steamy between them and I don't think I've ever read a book where the characters had so much love and sex with each other except maybe the Anita Blake Series by Laurell K. Hamilton. It even threw in a threesome almost in this book between the two brothers and Falon...but I won't get into how that happened. All I can say is Falon, the poor woman is going through a difficult time in this book and goes through hell...but she is ONE TOUGH CHICK. I loved the ending the most because it left such a KICKASS Cliffhanger that will piss you off. At least it pissed me off because I wasn't expecting it...but in a good way of pissing off. Again, poor Falon...that woman sure has gotten herself into a jam. 
Now onto the characters...my favorite character has to be Falon of course because she's one strong ass female character. In fact she's been the strongest female I've read since "Dark Taste of Rapture" by Gena Showalter. Noelle and Falon would get along very well together. She goes through a lot in this book which anyone would feel sorry for her. At least I definitely did. The woman didn't know who or what she was exactly, but she knew she was different. She's being tracked down by the Slayers, but ends up coming across the Lycans. That is when she meets Rafael who she doesn't think she can trust at first. She doesn't know what world she is landed in when she comes across the Slayers and Lycans, but she has to learn quickly how to survive in their two worlds. 
My thoughts on Rafael in this book is this guy definitely has had it hard too. Not only is he trying to save his pack, but he's also having to deal with his twin brother who has it out for him for killing his mate. Whoever Rafael decides to mate, his twin brother has a right to kill as per the Blood Law. Poor Rafael, if he meets his soulmate, he will be forced to turn her over to be killed by his brother. Who would want that? I almost want to hug him. He'll only know love for awhile...but what if he's willing to fight the Blood Law? Now that is when it gets really interesting. 
You will have to read this book to find out what the brothers are fighting about. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it. I do want to read more about the twin brother though in the next book, which I know will happen. =) You'll also need to read the book to find out what Falon finds out about herself. Karin Tabke definitely knows how to make you sit on the edge of your seat. I look forward to reading the next book in the series and getting to know more about the characters and what happens next.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB