Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, February 12, 2012

Review - "Pleasure Unbound" by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound
(Demonica #1)
Publishing Date: 7/1/08
Publisher: Forever
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Paperback (Bought)

Description:
In a place where ecstasy
can cost you your life...

Tayla Mancuso is a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.
Two lovers will dare to risk all.
Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm" in 2010)
This series reminds me of the Alien Huntress Series by Gena Showalter a little bit. It has the same kind of world in it like the aliens that Gena writes about, but Larissa is writing about demons instead. The Demonica Series has bad and good demons and also has slayers that kill the demons. 
Of course you have the demon in the story who falls in love, but he ends up falling in love with a slayer. Eidolon is a doctor at UG Hospital and he happens to come across Tayla because she gets injured in one of her fights with a demon and is almost on the verge of death, but Eidolon saves her. He doesn't know why in the beginning, but for some reason he is drawn to her. Tayla of course has something strange about her, that Eidolon finds out. 
I love the characters in the story. Tayla is tough and determined to stay the path she's on because all she's known is The Aegis. Eidolon is determined to not make "The Change" that his demon species makes after their 1000 year mark. Eidolon is a sweetheart in this book. I wouldn't mind having him as my doctor. Tayla is definitely well taken care of in the book and I'm kind of jealous of her. It did take me awhile to finish this book, but not because I wasn't interested. I was just too busy to pick up my book, which of course had me irritated. I love reading on my downtime, but it seems on my downtime I rather sleep right now. Work has been crazy the last couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to September when I have some vacation time again and I'm there for my daughter when she goes to school. I definitely love Larissa Ione's Demonica Series and I'm looking forward to reading the next book. Larissa Ione has become a author I will follow for awhile. Her books are addictive so far and I definitely categorized her with Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole. =)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB