Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, March 23, 2012

Review - "Almost to Die For" by Tate Hallaway

Almost to Die For
(Vampire Princess of St. Paul #1)
Publishing Date: 8/3/10
Publisher: NAL Trade
Genre: YA
Source: Library Book

Description:
Twilight meets The Princess Diaries in the new series from the author of Honeymoon of the Dead
On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija Parker learns that her so-called deadbeat dad is actually a vampire king. And he wants Ana to assume her rightful position at his side, in spite of the fact that she has witch's blood running through her veins-from her mother's side.
Too bad witches and vampires are mortal enemies. And now Ana's parents are at each other's throats over her future. It's up to Ana to make a choice, but deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school

Photobucket

My Review:
For anyone who knows me, I love reading YA.  I'm 28 years old and still enjoy Young Adult books so don't make fun. I have two little girls at home with me.  I have to read YA.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  No...really I enjoy a good YA book.  I need a break from the love making, ass smacking, and action packed books every once in awhile.  
"Almost to Die For" was chosen for me through Random.org.  I didn't even know I had this book on my TBR list.  I must've added it because of the word "Twilight" being in the description when I was addicted to Twilight still.  I have my downfalls sometimes.  Maybe it was the cover of the girl with the two different eye colors.  Reminds me of the guy in "Practical Magic" with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. 
Onto what I thought of the book though, I loved reading this book.  It was a nice break away from adult romance for a little while.  It was a short book too which was a plus.  I was able to read it in a short time frame because being a Mother of two, I have a hard time sneaking in reading during the daytime hours. 
 I absolutely adore a Author who creates weird and beautiful names for characters.  The name Anastasija is not something you're used to reading about.  
Anatasija has known forever about Witches since her Mom is one and one of her best friends is one.  But..is she really one, she has to conjure up her powers during a Circle one night, which she is supposed to conjure up Air...but she has never felt like she has powers.  She's going to let down her Mom.  One day though, her father who has never been there comes to her doorstep...She definitely wasn't expecting to find out she is part Vampire and not only that, but Vampire Princess.  Now, she has decide to either stay with the Witches or now go off and find out about her Vampire Side and take the Throne as Vampire Princess. Not only that, but now she has a Sexy Vamp and a Sexy Witch Boy going after her affections.  What is a Teen Witch/Vamp to do?
I've noticed a lot in YA books lately, there's always a love triangle.  This book is showing a little bit of the love triangle, but it has a twist to it.  The Witch boy or man you should say since he's older than Ana has a twist to him, you'll find about when you read this book.  Don't want to spoil it.  Poor Ana, I don't know if she trust him and give up her love to him.  
For the Vamp who is very protective of her...I love him.  The way Tate describes him, I'm rooting for Ana to hook up with him.  Why am I always going for the dark bad boys?  I have no idea.  It's always been in my blood to go for the bad boy type.  
I loved the story that Tate created for this series.  Never expected to read a book about Witches and Vampires really hating each other.  I do love the ending of the book when they confront each other head on.  Gotta love when there's a fight scene, even if it's Power Related.  =)  
I did find the book sometimes boring, but that's because I'm used to Adult Books. I am getting super bored with love triangles.  I just wish the girl would decide on the guy she wants already.  Oh well..it's the "it" thing right now with books and even movies.  I can't really get mad about it.  
Now..the real question is, if I'm going to read the second book to the series.  I do find myself wanting to find out next what happens since Tate left us wanting to find out what is going to happen next to Ana and her Vampire lover (hint).  Wasn't expecting that to happen.  Poor Ana.  LOL
I will eventually get to the 2nd book, but it's not my priority to pick it up just yet.  I have too many books to read from Authors and my bookshelves at home.  I definitely will read other books from Tate though.  I'm glad I read a book from a New Author.  I'm always up for a New Author challenge.  =)  
I recommend this book to anyone who loves YA and also loves something like Twilight, but somewhat different.  I definitely recommend it to the readers who love "Love Triangles".  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB