Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review - "Blood Bound" by Rachel Vincent

Blood Bound
(Unbound #1)
Publishing Date: 9/1/11
Publisher: Mira
Genre: Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)

Description:
Bound by blood, condemned by fate As a bloodtracker, Liv is extremely powerful. And in a world where power is a commodity that can get you killed, Liv's learnt to survive by her own rules. Rule number one? Trust no one. But when a friend's daughter goes missing, Liv is bound by a potent magical oath. She can't rest until the child is safe. And that means trusting her dangerous ex, Cam. A sinister prophecy tells that she and Cam will be the death of each other, yet Liv's tired of being a slave to destiny. She's ready to play the forces controlling her world at their own game. No matter what the cost.

Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm") 
Read back in November 2011
 First let me just say, I have been meaning read one of Rachel Vincent's books for awhile. I have all The Shifters books that she wrote...but unfortunately have never gotten a chance to read them because some other books took precedence. Now I'm regretting it. I borrowed "Blood Unbound" from my local library and I tried to finish it in time for it was due, but unfortunately I couldn't due to my scheduled C-section and of course the healing time required in the hospital, while also taking care of a newborn. I ended up purchasing the Kindle version of the book to finish it. My thoughts on this book was I loved it. From the first page to the last page, it's action packed. 
It's not my normal paranormal romance and that is why I also categorized it in urban fantasy too. It also lacked the love scenes I'm used to...but that didn't stop me from giving it 5 stars. I loved the characters in the book, especially Liv and Cam. Once I learned more about their characters and found out the dilemma they were in...I felt awful for them and just wanted them to be together. I should say, together again, but I don't want to spoil the story for anyone. You have to read this book to find out why these two weren't together anymore. There's actually a chapter that goes over it. 
This was a fascinating storyline. I had never read a book about bounding someone to someone else and it could cause extreme pain or death. It definitely had me wanting more. What Liv has to do in this book, I felt sorry for her. She had to help her old friend Anne find her husband's killer, but in the end, she also had to help save Anne's daughter. She also had to do it because of a bounding she did a long time ago with her 4 friends. What is even more crazy is that Liv is bound to Ruben, and Cam is bound to Ruben's enemy, Tower. So, basically Liv and Cam are doomed from the very get go in this book. They're not supposed to be working together, but they are, but secretly which could cause them both...Death. 
This book has twists and turns in it, which will leave you speechless. I will tell you this...pay attention to Anne's daughter. You learn a lot about what and who is Anne's daughter. The ending of this book had me upset though. Rachel, how could you leave me hanging like that. I wanted to know what Liv decided. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, which won't be out until this summer. That's okay though...gives me time to read other books and maybe even finally read "The Shifter's series" by Rachel Vincent. I definitely have Rachel Vincent as one of my FAVE Authors now. =) Can't wait to read other books from her soon.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB