Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review - "Dragonswood" by Janet Lee Carey

Dragonswood
Publishing Date: 1/5/12
Publisher: Dial Books
Genre: YA
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)
Read for Random Reads (February)

Description:
Wilde Island is not at peace. The kingdom mourns the dead Pendragon king and awaits the return of his heir; the uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is strained; and the regent is funding a bloodthirsty witch hunt, hoping to rid the island of half-fey maidens.
Tess, daughter of a blacksmith, has visions of the future, but she still doesn't expect to be accused of witchcraft, forced to flee with her two best friends, or offered shelter by the handsome and enigmatic Garth Huntsman, a warden for Dragonswood. But Garth is the younger prince in disguise and Tess soon learns that her true father was fey, making them the center of an exciting, romantic adventure, and an ancient prophecy that will bring about peace between all three races - dragon, human, and fairy.
Photobucket

My Review:
First off, forgive me for just now finishing this book.  I was supposed to read and review it last month, but my Library never got to ordering this book in time for me to read it for the Random Reads Post for February.  Boo to my Library!  I ended up having to buy it through Amazon for my Kindle and then it took me awhile to read it due to my two College Courses I'm taking. Plus, having two children one that is under the age of 1 and the other who is in first grade...let's just say I can't devote to reading until late at night when they both are tucked away.  
After so many sleepless nights and running on coffee during the day, I finally finished reading "Dragonswood" last night and I just realized this was Book 2 to the Wilde Island Chronicles.  Oh well...I thoroughly enjoyed this book though and I plan on reading the first book when I can get the chance too.  
I love reading about dragons and fairies. I've been fascinated with Dragons and even the Medieval times since I was a kid. If only Dragons were actually real and I would be on the back of one, flying to Ireland or Scotland right now because I would be one of the crazy girls who wasn't afraid of the fire breathing dragon with sharp talons.  I would be the crazy girl who took care of the dragons and made sure no one killed them. 
 I adore this World that Janet Lee Carey created in this book.  I felt like I was in the book sometimes, the way she described everything and how I fell in love with each and every character.   
Dragonswood takes you in the life of Tess, who unfortunately has not lived a good life at all.  She has been abused since day one from her Father, the Blacksmith.  She is forced to run and hide after she is accused of being a Witch and unfortunately she puts her friends in the middle of it also.  All because Tess and her friends were seen in Dragonswood...a place where humans don't ever go because of the Fey and Dragons.  Tess has always been drawn to Dragonswood though. She finds out one day from her Mother that she is actually half-fey and her Father is a Fey.  The Blacksmith has never been her biological father.  Tess is thrown into this Fey World which she is not used to.  Her real father wants her to fill the Fey Prophecy and bring the humans/fey/dragons all together.  I won't go more into the description of the book because the synopsis above pretty much gives you a great detail of the book.  
I will tell you this, this book had me enthralled since the moment I read the first page to the last. If you enjoy a fantasy world full of princes, princesses, Kings, Queens, Knights, dragons, fairies, etc.....you will definitely enjoy this book.  I look forward to reading more of these books from Janet and reading the first book...that I didn't know about since Goodreads didn't tell me.  Grr!  I won't hold it against Goodreads though...well at least for now. 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB