Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, March 16, 2012

Review - "Hard and Fast" by Erin McCarthy

Hard and Fast
(Fast Track #2)
Publishing Date: 5/5/09
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group 
Genre: Contemporary Romance  
Source: Library Book

Description:
Grad student Imogen Wilson realizes she's hit on the perfect thesis for her sociology degree. If she follows the so-called "rules" on how to get a man, can she steer her way into the world and hearts of stock race car drivers, and establish their dating- and mating-patterns?
Although sexy and reckless racer Ty McCordle is the ideal test subject, Imogen knows that for the sake of science, she can't give in to her growing attraction for him. Yet he's the one who's chasing after her, and Imogen realizes that she actually wants to be caught. A southern gentleman like Ty will satisfy all her curiosity-and make all the risks worthwhile...
Photobucket

My Review:
I read the first book from this series, randomly one day since I had to clean up my TBR list a bit on Goodreads.  Well..unfortunately the list has gotten bigger because I had to add the rest of the Fast Track Series to my TBR list.  What can I say, I love NASCAR drivers.  Go Dale Jr.!  =)
The second book is about Imogen and Ty this time around.  I got a taste of them in the first book and I already could tell in the first book they would hook up.  I fell in love with both of these characters. I loved the storyline that Erin McCarthy created for both of these characters and of course I kind of have a crush on Ty McCordle.  I know he's a fictional character, but I just feel so sympathetic of him.  I just want to give him a huge hug...or maybe more.  ***Evil Grin***
Imogen is College Student who is very intelligent.  She's doing her thesis for college on how you could land a race car driver in certain steps.  She never expected though, she would land the heart of Ty so quickly though.  He's actually chasing after her.  She really didn't think he would be interested in her.
Ty McCordle of course is a little leery on dating Imogen because she's so smart and he's never chased after a girl like her before.  You will learn a lot of why Ty McCordle is the way he is in this book.  You'll find out he has a certain disability which he's very embarrassed by.  I felt terrible for him and I just wish he would've brought it up to Imogen in the beginning of his difficulty he has because when he finally spills the beans, she's very sympathetic about it.  See guys, if you bring up something that your embarrassed by, almost 99% of the the woman is going to understand and is going to want to help out.  There is at least 1% of women who won't of course...and the girl that Ty was seeing in the beginning of the book was that 1%.  I could've slapped that skinny, lettuce eating wench.
All and all, this book I enjoyed so much more than the first book because of the characters.  Maybe because I can relate to Imogen a little bit.  Just a tiny bit.  My husband always says how he landed such a Intelligent Wife.  Who by the way, got A's in both my college classes the first half of Spring Semester.  =)  So proud of myself...even with having two girls at home who tend to keep me on my toes.
I look forward to diving into the next book hopefully next month.  I can't wait to read Suzanne's story.
Five Full Moons for this book.  =)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB