Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Monday, March 26, 2012

Review - "Shadowfever" by Karen Marie Moning

Shadowfever
(Fever #5)
Publishing Date: 1/18/11
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
Source: Kindle Edition

Description:
 MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever. Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years. What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds. In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card? From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
What a BOOK!! I had a hard time putting this book down. This book has ended up being in my Top Ten books I've ever read. I think I'll put it at #2 in my list. I can't put it at #1 though since Anne Rice's "The Mummy" still holds that. While reading this book, you'll be on the edge of your seat. Karen Marie Moning even throws you off several times in this book. 
I ended up getting pissed in some parts, but that's a good thing, not a bad thing. I won't summarized the book for you..because that would take too long. What's my favorite parts in the book...well let's just say I finally found out what Barrons is. Hell Yes!!! And even after finding out what he is..I still love the Man. The sex in this book was even intense. All I can say is Mackayla is one lucky woman. Another part in the book that was my favorite was finding out the truth at the end about the book, Mac and get this even, V'Lane. I wasn't even expecting that. Oh...and the big kicker is when the UnSeelie King made an appearance. Yes...I want to find out more about him hopefully soon. 
What pissed me off in the book, but in a good way, was that Mac found out who actually killed her sister and I was upset to find out who it was. I actually cried during that part. Poor Mac! I could go on and on about what I loved about this book and why I just had a hard time putting it down...but really here is what I want to say to everyone who hasn't read this book or the series...Why haven't you? You are regretting it, if you haven't. I chose to put my other TBR books on hold to read this series and I definitely don't regret it for a moment. Now I have to play catchup with my books at home, my library books and my to-review lists, but that's okay. Now I have plenty of time to play catchup until Karen Marie Moning writes her first book for the spin-off to the Fever series...which will be more about Dani O'Malley. Karen Marie Moning, I look forward to the next books in the series after the spin-off series. Please continue writing the way you do and you will always have a fan reading and obsessing over your books. I have the Fever! =)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB