Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, April 22, 2012

Review - "The Last Night" by Nico Rosso

The Last Night
Author:  Nico Rosso
Publisher:  Carina Press
Release Date: 2/13/12
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Source: NetGalley


Description
In a post-apocalyptic world, where horrible creatures called fire eaters rule, the last remaining humans fight to survive day to day with no end in sight. Erica is with a group of survivors living in an old collapsed hotel and she knows life will never be like it was before the devastating earthquakes. But then a sexy stranger comes riding in on his motorcycle and saves her from a group of fire eaters and now her life doesn’t seem so meaningless. Together they go on a mission to find a safe place to live, where they can be safe and maybe they’ll find something else while they’re looking…love!



Review
I got this book on NetGalley because it sounded interesting and then I forgot about it. Last night I was bored looking for something different to read, something that isn’t all sunshine and roses and sex, sex, sex. I found it in this book! I should have read it as soon as I got it from NetGalley because I missed out! I’ve read other reviews for this book and I really am having a hard time understanding why it’s rated so low. I mean the writing isn’t perfect and some of the action/fight scenes were a little too much but it was a great idea. I haven’t read anything like this and the books that were similar aren’t that similar. It was very refreshing to find something so different than my norm.

The characters were great, I love how well Erica and Jake fit! Sorry if this sounds corny but they’re a match made in heaven, or in this case it’s probably a match made in hell. And I like how the author focused on those two main characters, I wasn’t bombarded with detail after detail of secondary characters. He kept it short and simple. This world he created, after the earthquakes and fire eaters destroyed it was very creative.  Now the sex scenes, the first is right on for me! It was very sexy. Just picture two naked, gorgeous people, a bucket of water, some soap and a pile of wash rags…it was HOT! After that first one they weren't as hot but they were in no way bad, I guess I'd describe them as warm instead of hot. LOL They just didn't compare to that sexy sponge bath.

I give this book 4 Moons and I recommend it to PNR lovers and especially lovers of post-apocalyptic style romance, this definitely one to check out! I'll also definitely being looking into his other books, if they're like this one I'm sure to like them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB