Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review - "Savage Awakening" by J.D. Tyler

Savage Awakening

(Alpha Pack #2)
Author:  J.D. Tyler
Publisher: Signet
Release Date: 4/3/12
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Amazon (Bought)

Description
When a mission goes terribly wrong, Aric Savage is abducted in the place of his packmate’s mate. While held in captivity he’s tortured mercilessly and used in horrible experiments and now on the brink of death he makes an amazing discovery. His missing pack mate Micah, who they all though dead, is in the cell right next to his, alive.

When the Alpha Pack comes in to rescue them Micah is virtually lifeless and Aric is weak, dirty and in a lot of pain, but still he couldn’t help but notice the beautiful stranger accompanying his team on the rescue. He just knows there’s something special about her.

LAPD officer and so-called dreamwalker Rowan Chase finds herself immersed in a fantasy world full of mythical creatures. In order to find her missing brother she must accept and believe everything she’s seeing, fantastical as it may seem and once she finds her brother her only goal is helping him recover. She should not be so drawn to the sexy wolf shifter Aric but she can’t help but to react to the incredibly strong pull between them.

No man has ever captured her attention as Aric does and it seems to be the same for him, but the relationship just appears to be a fleeting affair, not meant to last. Right? When Arics life is once again endangered, Rowan must decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice for this man who is destined to be her bondmate.



Review
I love this series and I really loved this book! I read the first book right after it released and it quickly became one of my favorites so when this one released, I had to read it asap. Both the first book and this one are packed full of action, humor, love and pain. I love her characters, they’re always very entertaining. I found myself laughing many time throughout this book.

Aric is now a favorite for me, I absolutely LOVE him! I’m a Texas girl, born and raised, so it’s only natural that the sexy Texan caught my attention. He’s very much an alpha male, which I love, but he can be so sweet too, which I also love,  and it was so painful to see him hurt so bad inside. I just wanted  jump into the book and give him a big hug! As far as heroines go, Rowen was such a great one. Strong, independent, witty, intelligent but also has common sense. She never did anything really stupid like some usually do. She was pretty much what you see is what you get and let me tell you, what you get is hilarious. Some of the things she said had me rolling on the floor laughing so hard. And together, oh man, they were smokin hot! The chemistry between them was perfect. It just all flowed very well.

I’m still a huge fan of Sariel, I can not wait to read his story. The woman who gets him will be such a lucky one!!! It was so nice to learn more about him in this book but I still have so many questions. Kalen is another fave and after reading the recently released novella, Black Magic, I’m dying to know what happens between him and Mac. That’s sure to make a good read!

There were a few things that annoyed me. For a first time reader of this series, this book would be pretty confusing to them. Since I’ve read the first book and the novella, I knew what she was talking about but she doesn’t really go into great detail about a lot of important events and such that happened in the previous books and you kinda have to know that stuff to follow this book. Another thing was the book seemed kinda rushed. Like she was trying to cram a 500 page book into 300 pages, or however many there are. It wasn’t bad, I just wish it had flowed a little better.

All in all though, this book was very entertaining and I recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal romance. I very much look forward to the next book, which thankfully, is Kalen and Mac’s story! I can’t wait!!!

Memorable quotes
What the shit? Staring, she told herself she was not seeing a group of sexy, naked men standing among the rest of the wolves and wearing a range of emotions on their faces, from amusement to grim resignation.”

“Well, fuck me sideways,” she blurted.
Golden eyes sparkled with humor. “An interesting idea. May I at least have your name first?”
That surprised a laugh from her, and she held out her hand. “Rowan Chase, LAPD. You?”
 
"Grow a pair of balls, wolf, and use them.”
His eyes widened. “Are you calling me a pussy?”
“If the vagina fits."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB