Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, May 11, 2012

Review - "Beauty" by Laurell K. Hamilton

Beauty
(Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #20.5)
Publishing Date: 5/8/12
Publisher: Penguin
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Kindle Edition (Bought)

Description:
The steamy outtake that takes readers even further into Laurell K. Hamilton’s bestselling novel, Kiss the Dead.
You’d think I’d get used to seeing such a beautiful man and knowing he was mine, but it never grew old, as if his beauty and the fact that he was mine, and I was his, would forever surprise me.
With a vampire like Jean Claude around, it’s far too easy for Anita Blake to doubt her own appearance—and the hold it has on those who love her. But one hot tub and two incredibly sexy men—Jean Claude and Asher—will make her feel like the most lusted-after woman alive…or undead. Not bad for a mere human…
Includes an excerpt of Kiss the Dead, the new Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel.

Photobucket

My Review:
(This is my honest opinion on this ebook)
I did not even realize that "Beauty" was coming out this week.  I found out through Laurell's twitter.  I jumped at the chance to buy this eSpecial through Amazon once I did find out.  Hello..avid Anita Blake fan here and a HUGE fan of LKH's writing style.  It also stated a sneak peek into "Kiss the Dead', which I do not think LKH has ever done that.  Yup...definitely wanted this.  =)
I read it within 15 minutes and after I finished it...it maybe want "Kiss the Dead" even more.  Hurry up, June and get here already.
Okay...I've seen the negative reviews on this book on Goodreads and Amazon...but of course that did not stop me from spending the $2.99 to read this 33 page ebook on my Kindle.  It's 2 chapters of M-F-M scenes between Jean-Claude, Anita, and Asher. (I think I'll re-read this ebook before "Kiss the Dead" comes out...Oh yes...I love me some Jean-Claude & Asher)
I'm posting something directly from Amazon so every reader out there will understand sometimes the Author has no control over the price and has no control over the book being published as a short book or being posted free on her website. 
Sold by:  Penguin Publishing
This price was set by the publisher
This is underneath the price of the Kindle book on Amazon. The publisher set the price of the book, not the Author.  If you think the 33 pages is not worth $2.99, then do not buy the book.  You're warned ahead of time it's a outtake of "Kiss the Dead".  If you find it's pointless to read a ebook that is a outtake, then do not buy it.  Just wait patiently for the next full Anita Blake book to come out, which is only in a few books.  If you hate the series because of the direction of LKH has taken Anita on...then do not read this book.
One thing I love about LKH, she will not let reader's influence how she writes books.  If she wants her lead character to act a certain way...she'll write it in the book.
When she wrote one of the books from Anita Blake...she had a death in the family and actually had  it influence her writing.  One of the main characters ended up being killed.  I've followed her blog for awhile now to find out how one of my fave Authors comes up with the Anita Blake series.
I still do not know how LKH, Charlaine Harries, etc...are able to write these books.  They have to keep up with the characters for so long.  More power to the Authors who can do this.
I recommend this short Ebook to Anita Blake fans out there who haven't given up on her and adore LKH's writing style.  I recommend it also to someone who is anxiously counting down to the next Anita Blake installment that comes out this June and wants a sneak into the first chapter of "Kiss the Dead".
This ebook is just for the diehard fans of Anita Blake and LKH.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB