Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, May 11, 2012

Review - "The Isis Collar" by Cat Adams

The Isis Collar
(Blood Singer #4)
Publishing Date: 3/13/12
Publisher: Tom Doherty Associates
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Source: Library Book

Description:
 Celia Graves was once an ordinary human, but those days are long gone. Now she strives to maintain her sanity and her soul while juggling both vampire abilities and the powers of a Siren.
Warned of a magical “bomb” at a local elementary school, Celia forces an evacuation. Oddly, the explosion seems to have no effect, puzzling both Celia and the FBI. Two weeks later, a strangely persistent bruise on Celia’s leg turns out to be the first sign of a magical zombie plague.
Finding the source of the plague isn’t Celia’s only concern. Her alcoholic mother has broken out of prison on the Sirens’ island; her little sister’s ghost has possessed a young girl; and one of Celia’s boyfriends, a powerful mage, has disappeared.

Photobucket

My Review:
I was excited to read this book since I came upon this series while browsing the shelves at my local library.  I actually had the first book my to-be-read for awhile, but never got a chance to read it until last year during the summer.
After I finished reading Demon Song and found out the fourth book would be out during the Spring time of 2012...I added the book to my to-be read and prepared the countdown.
I'm glad though that I didn't buy this book.  I was a little disappointed in it, but it still captured my interest in some parts, but not all.
When you first start reading this book, Celia Graves is trying to evacuate a grade school because there's a bomb located in it, but the principal doesn't believe her.  Unfortunately, the principal should have listened to Celia.  It's not a regular bomb in the school.  Celia knows magic is involved with this one and she wished that someone would have believed her because now something is seriously wrong with not only herself, but everyone at the school.  She does not even realize something is wrong with her until she realizes she's not healing correctly.  Let's not forget the crazy, psycho witch who keeps appearing, which maybe the culprit of the bombings.
Not only is Celia having to deal with the bombing at the school, but now she has to searched down her mother who disappeared from the Siren's Island.  She's off to find her drunk mother around town and when she finds her, it's not a happily ever after.
Celia is also dealing with two guys wanting her attention, Bruno and Creede.  Creede doesn't really have much of a part in this book like the previous books.  He actually disappears for awhile and Celia has been trying to locate him.
I did like the ending of the book and who was the villain in this book.  It actually turned out to affect one of my fave characters in the book the most.
I was actually disappointed in of the lack of romance in this book.  I also do not know who Celia she hook up with now. Cat Adams...you've made me fall in love with both of the male leads after Celia's heart now.  Dang you!  Bruno is her ex-lover and he's starting to grow on me now...but then there's Creede who stole my heart awhile back ago.  I wanted him more in this book though.
I'm also not a fan of reading about Zombies, which this book tends to lead to because of what is going on with the bombings.  I will not spoil the plot line with anyone who has not read this book.  If you are into Zombies, you'll love this book.
I recommend this book to Urban Fantasy lovers out there, and zombie fan addicts.
Don't get me wrong...I'm a huge fan of "The Walking Dead" on AMC...but reading about zombies is another story.  Maybe later on the zombie reading will grow on me...but I need my romance and more action packed storyline.  I'm used to Celia kicking butt.  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB