Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review - "The Darkest Surrender" by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Surrender
(LOTU #8)
Publishing Date: 9/27/11
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Paperback 

Description:
 The Lords of the Underworld return in this enthralling tale of an immortal warrior determined to win and the beautiful seductress he can’t resist.
Possessed by the demon of Defeat, Strider cannot lose a challenge without suffering unimaginable pain. For him, nothing stands in the way of victory. Until Kaia, an enchanting Harpy, tempts him to the razor’s edge of surrender.
Known among her people as The Disappointment, Kaia must bring home the gold in the Harpy Games or die. Strider is a distraction she can’t afford because he has an agenda of his own – steal first prize, an ancient godly artifact, before the winner can be named. But as the competition heats up, only one prize will matter – the love neither had thought possible.

Photobucket

My Review:
I'm a huge fan of Gena Showalter and her amazing books.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to read "The Darkest Surrender" until now.  I've had the book taunting me for awhile now.  It glared at me from my bookshelf in my bedroom...whispering me to read it already.  When I bought it back last September, I was 8 months pregnant with my youngest so sometimes things slipped my mind due to being uncomfortable and having a baby kick my ribs every 5 minutes. Definitely, do not miss being pregnant. 
Now...I'm glad I spent this past weekend, sleep depriving myself to read "The Darkest Surrender". My youngest even let me read it without trying to eat my book which she seems is fun to do lately.  
 Gena never disappoints at all when it comes to the Lords of the Underworld.  I love ALL of these sexy Demons.  
"The Darkest Surrender" is the 8th installment to the LOTU and it's about Strider (Demon of Defeat) and Kaia (Harpy). 
Strider is one demon I wanted to find out who he hooked up with and I kind of knew who he would end up with...but of course Gena could've changed it.  I know how Authors like to throw their readers off sometimes, but thank goodness she didn't with Strider because Kaia is perfect for him. 
Kaia is one strong-willed, determined, kick ass, scary, pain-in-the-ass, doesn't like to listen, stealing Harpy who I adore.  
Strider is one stubborn-headed, also pain-in-the-ass, protective, sarcastic, sexy demon who I friggin' LOVE!!!!!  (Can I have him?)
Kaia has had a hard life though.  She did something when she was younger that makes all the other Harpies hate her. She caused something to happen which slaughtered a whole bunch of harpies.  Once her mother of course finds out she is disappointed in her and gives her the name Kaia the Disappointment.  Kaia ever since has never been invited to the Harpy Games until now.  Now her sisters and herself are having to attend...but not underneath their mother's name. They're force to pick another name. Kaia wants to prove to herself and everyone that she can win.
Strider is to be Kaia's consort to the harpy games once he finds out about her going.  He has mixed feelings over Kaia.  He doesn't really want to get close to her because he's not looking for something at the moment. He just got over Haidee from the previous book.   Well...Kaia makes it difficult for him when he is her consort.
I won't go any further because this book has so much to it, I'll probably end up giving away too much.
My thoughts on "The Darkest Surrender" is I really enjoyed finally reading Strider's story.  He can be a jerk at times, but in this book there was a different side to him.  Can I just say, I'm jealous of Kaia...really she gets him ALL to herself.
Here's something I enjoyed the most in this book is how Strider took care of Kaia every time he was hurt.  He was very protective of her even though he tried to push her away.  I even enjoyed the steamy scenes between Kaia and Strider.  She's one lucky gal!
I hated Juliette in the story.  GRRR!!  You evil wench!  You'll have to read the book to find out who she is.  Let's just say I would've ripped her wings off if I could for Kaia.
I loved the side stories in "The Darkest Surrender".  I got a taste of Kane, Paris, and William.  Oh boy...there was a serious secret that came out about William.  HOLY MOLY!
Actually, William had several secrets come out in this book and now I understand why he is the way he is.  
I think I love him even more now.  No..I know I LOVE him even more!
Like I stated before, Gena never disappoints. I love what she does with her books.  She leaves you guessing in the book while your reading and of course the endings usually leave you hanging for more. I found myself drooling while reading, having the shocked look to my face, and punching my book so I could get the bad guys for the Lords of the Underworld.
Her books are seriously addicting and I'll find myself re-reading these books whenever I find myself in a reading slump because only the Lords of the Underworld can help me out of that slump.  *sigh...sexy ass demons*
I recommend this to paranormal romance readers, demon lovers, and LOTU fanatics out there.
If you haven't read this series, you need to start.  Add it to your wish list, your TBR on goodreads, or go ahead and buy it.  The first book is "The Darkest Night" or you can start with the prequel, "The Darkest Fire". 

Photobucket

1 comments:

They sound like fantastic characters. Can't wait to get to this series. I'm on her Alien Huntress one right now :)

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB