Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, August 5, 2012

Review - "Blood of the Demon" by Rasalie Lario


Blood of the Demon
(Demons of Infernum #1)
Author: Rosalie Lario

Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: 7/10/12
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Provided by author
Purchase LinksAmazon | Barnes & Noble

Description
Keegan lives to exact revenge on the evil demon who sired and abused him. When his father devises a plan to bring on the apocalypse, he and his three half-brothers, interdimensional bounty hunters for the Elden Council, are charged with capturing and delivering their father for punishment.

Art gallery owner Brynn Meyers has no idea that her ability to read memories embedded in objects and drain people of their life force means she has demon ancestry. Unfortunately for Brynn, she's also the key to raising an ancient zombie army, which puts her on every demon's Most Wanted List. And no one wants her more than Keegan's father. Keegan must protect Brynn from his father by any means necessary, but he'll have to learn to harness the other half of his genetics-the far deadlier, uncontrollable half-when he starts to fall for the one woman standing between him and the vengeance he so desperately seeks. The one woman he'll never be able to resist.


Review
I got a little frustrated when reading this book. It could have been a really great book and I even liked parts of it but the characters really got to me and at times I felt like I was reading things over and over again. The writing is ok, not the greatest in my opinion but it's good and the plot was very interesting but there was too much down time in there for me and a whole lot of information thrown at me at once. It just got boring and I kept thinking where is the action! I just couldn't connect with the characters or the story at all.

I have to say this, there are a lot of books out there that are so similar to this book but for some reason (in this book) it all just came across as off to me and it needs a mention that this particular story line has been used way too much for my taste. I can name so many other books that are SO similar, even the bad guy seemed familiar to me.

Now let me explain a little why I didn't like the characters.  Keegan was a really big a*hole and his inner dialogue got real old real fast. How can you have sex with a woman while knowing you are definitely going to have to kill her? He says it over and over again. Ugh! Maybe I would feel differently if he had just gotten over it already and finally admitted his feelings but he didn't really until the end of the book so that really annoyed me. And then there is Brynn, who immediately came across as a doormat to me. One minute Keegan was about to rip her clothes off and the next he's locking her in a room. And she just let him, not to mention she let the brother's bully her too! Oh and 12 hours later(after being locked in her room), or however long it was, he's back and decides to take her out and suddenly she's happy and falling for him. I like instant love stories but this got ridiculous. I just didn't like them. I tried to, I really did but after a few times just like that, I just gave up.

As for the other characters, Keegan's half brothers, yeah they're a*holes too. I might would have continued with the series, in the hopes that it gets better, but I have no reason to because I don't want to read anything about the brothers after this book, at least not where they find their own women because if they're anything like their brother, I already know what will happen.

On a positive note, the whole concept behind this story was a great one and is what made it worth finishing! I did like the different takes on Angels and Demons and the otherworldly creatures. That part of the book was actually very interesting and if it weren't for the characters, I would have loved it. In fact I would have been perfectly happy if the "love story" part of the book was taken out and the brothers and their life and relationship were the focus of the story. Without Brynn added in, the brothers were fun characters and though they probably would still be a*holes, I would have connected better with them. The banter between brothers was fun and I loved that they are such a close and tight knit group. They supported each other no matter what.

Over all, I have to give this book 2.5 Moons. I just could not click with Brynn and Keegan and the storryline was so redundant to other books I've read, I just can't give it a higher rating. I do think it had potential though and I know there are readers out there who would enjoy it, but I just didn't.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB