Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Saturday, December 8, 2012

Interview with Barbara Elsborg

Please give a warm welcome to Barbara Elsborg today on Book Lovin' Mamas.  Where we had a chance to interview her.  =)  

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. 

I live in West Yorkshire in the north of England. I always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed that to everyone without them even resorting to torture, I decided it was not for me. Vulcanology scorched my feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, I spent several years successfully selling cyanide. (Try saying that fast) After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and frustrating my sexy, devoted, wonderful husband (who can now stop twisting my arm) I finally have time to conduct an affair with an electrifying plugged-in male, my laptop. My books feature quirky heroines and bad boys, and I hope they are much fun to read as they are to write.

2. What does a typical writing day look for you? 

Up at 5.20 am. Gym from 6.00 to 8.00. Write from 8.00 to 5.00. Well, the gym is every other day but I still only start writing at 8.00! I have to start with a black coffee too, followed by several more black coffees. I have a resident house slave – who does the shopping, but sadly not the cooking, ironing or cleaning. I keep threatening to send him back but he has other uses!

3. Tell our readers a little bit about "Girl Most Likely to" and why they should check it out? 

The story is a spin off using a very minor character from Kiss a Falling Star. No need to read that to understand what’s going on. I think after I’d had Adam set fire to his shoes in the microwave in Kiss, I suspected he’d star in a book of his own. I also used surplus material from my book Doing The Right Thing which was a monster when I’d finished it, so I cut a plot line and eventually managed to use it in Girl Most Likely To. In Girl Most Likely To, Adam needs to get over the past year, forget the pair of employees he’s lusted after and get on with his life. Rich and successful don’t mean much when he has nothing outside of work. He’s on vacation to learn another language, but finds there’s more to happiness than memorizing words. If he doesn’t speak from his heart, he’ll lose his chance for the balance he’s longed for. Wren doesn’t feel like the girl most likely to end up living happily ever after. Guys lie, cheat and steal from her. She swears off any more smiling charmers, and then—THE BIG MISTAKE—comes back into her life. Adam wants a second chance, but can Wren risk another dent in her battered heart? Tomas knows better than to let his personal life interfere with work, but he just can’t help himself. Somehow, he’ll manage to protect the man and woman falling for him from having much more than their hearts broken—won’t he? If he fails, he’ll lose everything. It’s an MMF ménage that’s a mix of romantic comedy and romantic suspense. More suspense than I usually write and I set it in Leeds where I live, rather than London and that was a nice change.

4. What inspired you to start writing? 

Being tall, lonely and friendless. Sad but true - I had no one to go out with so I became addicted to TV and movies and books. Safe worlds where I’d never be hurt. I started to dream about me being in the movie with those good-looking heroes and eventually I started to write fan fiction. I still have about 200 shortish stories – all with a tall, blonde, awkward heroine! Usually she was abused or treated badly and was saved from a horrible life by a good looking hero. I grew out of fan fiction just about the time I went to college. That nearly stopped me writing forever - how could I even think I could write - but once I started work, I began again. My first two novels are still in the bottom of the closet!

5. What was the hardest scene to write in "Girl Most Likely to"? 

I think the start – I always have an issue getting the right tone. I rewrite the first chapter or so a large number of times. But I like what I’ve done with this. Three little snippets with each of the main characters at a wedding – all very different sorts of wedding.

6. When you are not writing what are your hobbies or interests? 

Reading. I LOVE reading. I also like running, but only when I’m on holiday. Otherwise I go to the gym but exercising puts me in the right mood for sitting on my butt all day and writing.

7. Do you have any advice for other writers? 

Read as much as you can – make time for it because you learn what works and what doesn’t. If you don’t have a crit partner, join a group and share critiques of your work. Then polish, polish until you’re sick of what you’ve written. Then leave it awhile and polish some more.

8. What's up next for Barbara Elsborg? 

I have a story called Jumping in Puddles coming out with Loose-Id – it’s in edits at the moment. It’s a paranormal MF romance about a dark lord of the manor and a rain-dancing faerie. I loved writing this one. It just flowed. Not all of them do. I also have an MM called Every Move He Makes – due out next May with Samhain. Plus a 1NS story for Decadent called – Just What She Wants – a MMF erotic romance. Plus – ooh what a lot – another story for Decadent for a new line they’re introducing – lips sealed on that one. I’m currently writing a short MMF for a publisher I’ve not approached before and then I can get to my Walmart story – I’ve tried three times to write that one and given up. This time I’ll DO IT!! My problem is too many characters and I need get a handle on that. I can’t call the store Walmart either so if anyone has any ideas – Tarmart? T-Mart? Fun questions:

9. If you could have dinner with one famous person who would it be and why? 

Oscar Pistorius – he’s an Olympic and Paralympic athlete whose legs were amputated. He runs on blades and he’s just such a nice guy. Well, not that I’ve ever met him, but he sounds nice on TV. He’s an inspiration for anyone with a disability and I admire his courage. Doesn’t hurt that he’s good-looking!

10. If you were stranded on an island, what 3 things must you have to survive? 

Apart from water and food and shelter? A very large supply of books – HUGE!! Like a container full. Plus writing materials – equally large amount. And a man. Not sure which order they should go in. Oh yes, I am – the man – call me shallow. (And don’t tell my husband because I wasn’t thinking of him) Cough – er – well it would be very selfish to want to strand him with me, wouldn’t it?? Water getting deeper – drowning......
Girl Most Likely to
Publishing Date: 7/11/12
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Genre: Erotica (Menage) Romance
My Review HERE (Intended for 18+ only)

Description:
Wren doesn’t feel like the girl most likely to end up living happily ever after. Especially when Adam, aka THE BIG MISTAKE, comes back into her life. He wants a second chance but Wren’s afraid to risk another dent in her battered heart. When Adam reconnects with Wren, he’s torn between wooing her and pursuing Tomas, the sexy guy in the flat next door. They both make his heart sing—how can he possibly choose? Or maybe he’s finally found a man and woman to give him the balance he craves. Tomas knows better than to let his personal life interfere with his job as an undercover officer but he can’t get enough of Adam…or Wren. Or Adam and Wren, when they’re hot, naked and writhing together in his bed. Suddenly Wren’s gone from the girl most likely to get ripped off to the girl most likely to get off. But it’s more than sex. She, Tomas and Adam have something special, something they’re determined to protect at all costs.
Website (18+ only) | Blog
Barbara Elsborg lives in West Yorkshire in the north of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed that to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide. After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and frustrating her sexy, devoted, wonderful husband (who can now stop twisting her arm) she finally has time to conduct an affair with an electrifying plugged-in male, her laptop. 
Her books feature quirky heroines and bad boys, and she hopes they are much fun to read as they were to write.

1 comments:

Thanks for having me on the blog!

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB