Important Announcement for our Followers
Book Lovin' Mamas.
1. Tell our readers a little bit about yourself.
Sure! I’m mom to four boys ages 12 (twins), 14 and 17. I’ve been married to my college sweetheart for almost 19 years. We met in college at the bar across the street from campus, where I was of course studying ;) I quit my day job last year and have transitioned into writing full-time which has been a dream come true. Not only do I get to do what I love but I have much more flexibility which allows me to spend more time with my boys.
2. You have the next upcoming book in The Amoveo Legend Series coming out, "Undone". Would you tell our readers what it is about?
Absolutely. Undone features Marianna Coltari, a pureblood Amoveo from the Bear Clan who wants nothing to do with the civil war that’s broken out among her people. She just wants to hang out in NYC and have fun. Pete Castro is a human. He works for Marianna’s brother, Dante and unbeknownst to Marianna, Pete knows all about the Amoveo.
Dante, worried about the Purists trying to get to Marianna, hires Pete to keep an eye on his sister. Let’s just say that the sparks fly.
Also, this book introduces the vampires and reveals a new layer to the world. I have a spinoff series coming this summer called Dead in the City. Book One, Tall, Dark, and Vmapire will be out in August.
3. What was the hardest and easiest scene to write in "Undone" (without of course giving too much away)
There’s a rather violent scene towards the end of the book that was really draining to write. In fact, my editor asked me to tone it down because she felt it was too disturbing.
4. What kind of research did you have to do for the book?
I research locations, especially if I’ve never been there. I also research the different animals because the Amoveo possess certain animal qualities while in their human form. For example, since Marianna is in the Bear Clan, she’s not affected by cold as much as a normal human. Layla, a hybrid from the Cheetah Clan, has incredible speed.
5. How different is Marianna from her brother Dante? Was she hard to write compared to her brother? (And on that note...I LOVE me some, Dante) =)
Well, they’re fraternal twins but from different clans. Amoveo from different clans can mate and they don’t know which clan their child will favor until they go through puberty. Marianna’s father was a member of the Bear Clan, like her and Pete is a member of the Fox Clan, like his mother. Marianna is more impulsive than Dante, which is directly related to her Bear Clan heritage. She’s also got a temper on her, where as Dante is more patient.
6. What is Dante's reaction to Marianna and Pete? (Brothers tend to be very protective of their sisters no matter if they are older or younger than them)
He kind of flips out at first but Pete is one of his best friends, so it’s all good.
7. Tell us why readers will fall in love with Pete Castro?
I hope they do. I adore Pete. He’s a bit of a wiseass, he’s funny, and although he’s fiercely protective of Marianna, he doesn’t take himself too seriously. He’s also got gorgeous blue eyes and a killer smile.
8. How many books do you have planned for The Amoveo Legend Series?
I’m contracted for five novels and two novellas. The fifth novel, Unclaimed, will be out in December and there’s also one more novella in my contract. I have at least two more novels in mind but release dates etc, aren’t finalized yet. Believe me…there will be more Amoveo Legend novels.
9. What is up next for Sara Humphreys?
I have two spin off series coming up. Prices of Hell will be my first self-published series and will be released in episodes, basically novellas. My plan is to release one every month. The other spin off series, Dead in the City, starts this August with Tall, Dark, and Vampire. I can’t wait to hear what readers think of my vamps.
Also, I’m going to be branching out into a new genre—contemporary romance. The series is called Holding Out for a Hero and each book will feature a man in uniform.
10. Do you have anything specific you want to tell your readers?
Thank you. Thank you so much for your support. I know people have a lot of options out there when it comes to books, and I’m so very grateful that mine are among them.
Also—if you haven’t tried the Amoveo Legend series yet, you can download a “forever free” short story on Amazon or B&N. UNDENIED is super short but it will give you a taste of the world of the Amoveo.
Fun quick questions -
11. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Coffeee
12. Are you a morning, afternoon, or night person? Depends on the day.
13. Do you prefer sunrise or sunset? Sunsets at the beach!
14. Would you prefer vacationing on a beach during the summer or on a mountain during winter? Beach in the summer!
15. What is your favorite genre of movies to watch? Sci fi or romantic comedy…but that’s probably why I write paranormal romance.
Thanks Sara for stopping by Book Lovin' Mamas. We are counting down to the release of Undone.
Hi I just got hooked to Sara's books by drooling on her book covers! lol. I only started last week and found Undenied and Unleashed breathless.
Sara, is it true that in Undone we will find also demons, hellhounds, and vampires! wow! I just can't wait to read them! thank you for this giveaway!