© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.
Important Announcement for our Followers
To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Friday, June 21, 2013
Welcome to our virtual tour stop of Eleri Stone's Witch Bound Blog Tour brought to you by Book Monster Promotions.
Ten things that make for a strong heroine
Raquel is the heroine of Witch Bound. She’s one of the strongest heroines that I’ve written and not just because she’s an incredibly powerful witch. Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. She doesn’t let fear stop her. The stakes are big in Witch Bound. Raquel is a powerful witch even though she’s having performance issues at the beginning of the story. She’s going up against a demon who’s set on destroying her new clan. She’s scared but she doesn’t run away from anything.
2. She always tries to do what she considers the right thing. Her parents made a contract before she was born that she would marry Christian, a huntsman from clan Ragnarok. She’s been raised to believe in clan, magic and the gods. She believes that marrying Christian is the right thing to do and she really tries hard to make it work.
3. She learns from her mistakes. No doubt about it, Raquel screws up big during the course of the story, more than once, and in one truly spectacular way. But she learns from her mistakes and tries to fix them.
4. She’s aware of her value. She’s something of a magical prodigy and makes some huge leaps under pressure because it’s very clear to her what has to be done. While that’s seen as pride and recklessness by some people, she does do her best not to step on toes when she can avoid it.
5. She’s honest. She’s honest with herself and with the people around her…even when it hurts.
6. She’s a good daughter and sister. Family is really important to her. She does her best to be a good daughter and sister. But she won’t betray herself to do what’s expected of her.
7. She’s a good friend too and she respects the friendships of others. She sees that Fen and Christian are really close and she values that. She’s engaged to Christian but in love with Fen. The only thing that prevents that from turning into a really angsty love triangle is that they all do care about one another and want things to work out for the best.
8. She recognizes that she knows what’s best for herself. Raquel has a lot of expectations placed on her…to be not just a good witch but the best witch Midgard has ever seen, to enter into an arranged marriage with a man she’s never met, to protect her new clan. She’s willing to compromise on some things but not on others. She knows what’s important to her.
9. She loves with her whole heart. This is a bad thing when your parents arrange a marriage for you and it turns out you don’t fall for the groom. But it’s a good thing when the person you do fall in love with requires a total lifetime commitment from you.
10. She goes after what she wants. Sometimes this is seen as selfishness particularly in a woman but it takes a lot of guts to go after what you really want especially when there are a lot of obstacles in your way.
Raquel takes risks, loves hard and goes after what she wants. I think there were times when she absolutely terrified the hero, Fen, and he doesn’t scare easy. In the end though, who can resist a strong woman?
About the Book:
Raquel Lindgren knows what her future holds. An arranged marriage. A new home in Ragnarok, Iowa, with another clan of refugees from Asgard. She should be happy. But there’s a mental block preventing her from tapping in to her true abilities as a witch. And she’s more attracted to the best man than she is to the groom…
Fen can’t believe he’s falling for his best friend’s future wife. As a hound, a wolf shifter, his duty lies with the pack. He’s seen too many hounds destroyed by love, and he’s sworn never to take a mate, never to have children of his own. He can’t deny his desire for Raquel, but she deserves more than he can offer her.
Raquel’s been raised to trust in magic, her clan and her destiny. But when a vengeful demon threatens to break out of Asgard and destroy the clan, Raquel learns she must trust in love if she is to take the future into her own hands.
(Twilight of the Gods #1)
by: Eleri Stone
Publishing Date: 1/2/12
Publisher: Carina Press
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Private investigator Grace tracks a kidnapped child to middle-of-nowhere Iowa. Encountering a strange creature she knows can’t be a local animal, she doesn’t need her psychic abilities to figure out the sleepy town is not what it seems. When she meets the intriguing Aiden, she’s plunged into a world of Norse gods and fire demons where the Wild Hunt still rides the night.
Aiden needs Grace’s help to cross the portal between worlds and rescue his daughter. Grace is unlike any woman he’s ever met. He’s drawn to her courage, distressed by her vulnerability and doubtful of her motives. But he knows that her visions are the key to defeating the enemy and bringing everyone home alive.
Grace wants a future with Aiden, even if it means she’ll never have a normal life. When a test run to the portal takes a terrifying turn, they must learn to finally trust each other or Aiden’s daughter, and their chance at love, will be lost forever…
(Twilight of the Gods #2)
Publishing Date: 6/24/13
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Raquel Lindgren knows what her future holds. An arranged marriage. A new home in Ragnarok, Iowa, with another clan of refugees from Asgard. She should be happy. But there's a mental block preventing her from tapping in to her true abilities as a witch. And she's more attracted to the best man than she is to the groom…
Fen can't believe he's falling for his best friend's future wife. As a hound, a wolf shifter, his duty lies with the pack. He's seen too many hounds destroyed by love, and he's sworn never to take a mate, never to have children of his own. He can't deny his desire for Raquel, but she deserves more than he can offer her.
Raquel's been raised to trust in magic, her clan and her destiny. But when a vengeful demon threatens to break out of Asgard and destroy the clan, Raquel learns she must trust in love if she is to take the future into her own hands.
Eleri Stone was born and raised in New Jersey. She graduated from the University of Iowa, married her college sweetheart, and settled in the Midwest where she still lives with her husband and their three children. A lifelong fan of fantasy, she started reading romance as an adult and was instantly captivated by the strong female protagonists, character-driven storylines and guarantee of a happy-ever-after. Writing fantasy and paranormal romance, she is the author of the Lost City Shifters series (shapeshifter paranormal romance), the Twilight of the Gods series (paranormal romance) and the Spellcraft series (fantasy romance).
You can find Eleri at:
Eleri is giving away a $50.00 gift card to Amazon or B&N (winners choice) OPEN INTERNATIONALLY
Eleri Stone's WITCH BOUND Tour Schedule: June 19- July 3
6/19- Book Monster Reviews (guest post)
6/19- FUONLYKNEW (series spotlight)
6/20- Christine's Blog (guest post, review & series spotlight)
6/21- Book Lovin' Mamas (guest post & series spotlight)
6/22- The Next Chapter (series spotlight)
6/23- Mad Hatter Reads (interview)
6/24- Underworld Love Addiction (guest post)
6/25- Books-N-Kisses (interview)
6/25- Urban Girl Reader (guest post)
6/26- Mary Abshire Blog (series spotlight)
6/27- Confessions of the Paranormal (series spotlight)
6/28- So Many Reads (series spotlight)
6/29- Literal Addiction (series spotlight)
7/01- Offbeat Vagabond(series spotlight)
7/02- United by Books (interview)
7/03 - Auggie Talk (series spotlight)
Labels:Blog Tour,Book Monster Promotions,Demon Crossings,Eleri Stone,Giveaway,Guest Post,Spotlight,Twilight of the Gods Series,Witch Bound