Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: "Avoiding Mr. Right" by C.J. Ellisson

Avoiding Mr. Right
(A Walk on the Wild Side #2)
by: C.J. Ellisson
Publishing Date: 6/3/13
Publisher: Red Hot Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Personal Copy (Bought at Amazon)

Description:
Carla Johnson thinks issuing orders to a lover will keep her heart safe and leave her in charge of her own destiny. Afraid for Carla’s future, her best friend Heather implores her to change her self-centered ways, handing her a list of love life mistakes to steer clear of: 

1. Casual Sex 
2. Friends with Benefits 
3. Avoidance of Intimacy 

Carla ignores the list—unwilling to face she might have a commitment problem. Until she invites a co-worker to her place one night. She instantly regrets the hum-drum sexual encounter and discourages the accountant from pursuing her. 

Andy Shea refuses to become another lover the feisty blonde dumps. It'll take a patient man with a strong hand to unlock Carla's sexual awareness and win her heart. He’s up for the challenge to convince her he’s the one—and eager to prove this number cruncher won’t make a boring bedmate
 photo 45moons.png
My Review:
Avoiding Mr. Right is the second book in the a Walk on the Wild Side series by C.J. Ellisson and it definitely was another scorcher.  It is already about 90 degrees here in Florida in the summer time and to read this book, let's just say, you may want to read it during the night time when it is cooler, otherwise you will feel like you are on fire.  I think my body temperature went up about ten degrees while reading this book and I needed a glass of cold water to cool down...(mostly thrown on me).

Let me get this off my chest first...I would have given Avoiding Mr. Right five stars but the only reason why I gave it 4.5 stars is that I did not click with Carla, like I did with Heather in the first book.  In fact, I thought Carla was a little difficult and I definitely know why she felt the need to avoid men, but she assumed every man out there was the same and the ending is the only reason why I started to like her, but not too much.  I clicked better with Heather for some reason.  Although, I do like the fact that Carla gave over control in this book and became submissive towards Andy.

Without giving too much away, the main things I loved about this book.  The first and main reason is that C.J. Ellisson has a very addicting writing style that draws the reader in from the first page.  It also helps when C.J. can put together a very well-written book with an amazing storyline between characters that make you want to know more about them.  Oh...and let me not forget about the hot sexual scenes between Carla and Andrew.  Oh my!  *Fanning myself right now to cool down*  
-One of my favorite scenes between them are when Andy gives Carla two gifts that they can use...and one them Carla can use on herself.  *seriously is it getting hot in here again*  =)

Andrew is the character that surprised me.  He's the accountant that knows how to woo women and Carla did not give him a chance at first and maybe that is another reason why I could not click with her.  Do not every estimate the guy or gal that may look boring or less appealing...because they may have some cards up their sleeves, like Andrew did.  He definitely was very sworn-worthy in my eyes.  *sigh*

Andrew definitely knows how to tame Carla and it amazed me on how he finally got her to open up at the end.  Andrew does not have it easy anyways, and he is going through a lot, but he is a very strong character.

If you love the contemporary romance genre, you definitely need to read this book, but I highly recommend you read the first book in the series, Vanilla on Top.  
I give this book 4.5 moons and recommend anyone who reads it to be prepared for a cold shower afterwards.  

I definitely look forward to the next installment in the series and I definitely want more than four books.  =)  I need me some more of C.J. Ellisson's highly addictive books and my hubby even says he loves when I read her books too.  =)  

Purchase at Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo 
 photo Fransig1.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB