Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Monday, June 17, 2013

Interview with Sarah Ashley Jones ( & a VERY Happy Release Day )

1. Tell us five things about yourself that readers may not about you.

Oh gosh! I’m like an open book but I guess there are some things that readers may not know. I am actually one of ten half siblings, but I’m the 4th youngest. My husband and I met in High School, but didn’t start dating until I was twenty-one. I started doing theatre when I was in 3rd grade and didn’t stop until I was a junior in High School. I’m allergic to bananas, watermelon, cantaloupe, and avocados but eat despite the reactions because they’re so yummy. I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was eighteen and there have been times when I couldn’t even go to the grocery store by myself without having a full fledged panic attack. Now, I manage it on my own and most people who meet me say they would never have guessed it!

2. Tell us a little bit about Promise Me This and why readers should check it out?

Promise Me This goes beyond just a regular love story; it’s so much more than that. Charlie and Jhett are two people, both shattered in different ways but the same tragedy, who find exactly what they need in each other to heal and start to live again. There’s a huge emotional rush throughout the entire book. It’s a story of loss, grief, and hope, but also of a love that if you let it, will push you to be the best version of yourself you can be.

3. What was the easiest and hardest scene to write in Promise Me This? (without giving too much away)

I think the easiest scene to write was when Charlie and Jhett first met. They have this very easy, back and forth banter between them, and I loved how laid-back and slick Jhett thinks he is compared to how annoyed Charlie gets with him. The hardest scene to write was one that happens towards the end. I don’t want to give away too many things, but everyone who has finished reading so far has told me that the started crying at this scene, and didn’t stop until the end. I totally believe this because I pretty much cried the entire rest of the way as I wrote it!

4. What inspired you to write Promise Me This?

For the past few years, I’ve kept a log of how many pages I’ve read for that year. And I’ve read a lot, probably over 50,000 over three years. I had a ton of people telling me that I should write a book and I just remember thinking, ‘I could never do that. No way!’ I had a few ideas swimming around in my head, but nothing that ever struck me enough to captivate my interest. That was until Charlie’s story came to life in my head. The only thing that I knew when I started writing was the very first chapter; it played over and over in my head for days. And then little pieces would just start filling in the blanks throughout each day, and I would write a little more every night. I think what I really wanted to make happen in the story and what really inspired the entire book, was that just because people think your life is supposed to be one way, doesn’t mean you don’t have to power to change it to how you want it to be. This is a lesson Charlie learns and one I have learned recently as well. So, I hope people take that away from this book!

5. What are some of Jhett's qualities that will make readers swoon over him?

Well, Jhett has been described to me as ‘sex personified.’ He’s a tall, almost completely tattooed, Rockabilly guitar player who also sings when he thinks the audience won’t run away. He’s slightly arrogant, cocky, and quick-witted, but is completely devoted to the people he loves, Charlie included. She’s got something about her that makes him go completely weak in the knees, and who doesn’t love a bad boy with little splash of romance?

6. Who designed the beautiful cover of Promise Me This?

That would be the fabulous and amazingly talented Sarah Hansen at Okay Creations. I was lucky enough to work with a photographer and two friends of mine to make Charlie and Jhett come to life, and the end result between everyone just blows my mind! The whole thing just makes me all giggly like a little girl!

7. Fun question: Describe yourself in three words.

Loud. Colorful. Compassionate.

8. Fun question: If you could meet one famous person (dead or alive), who would it be and why and what would you say to them? 

This was actually the hardest question for me to answer! Oddly, the first person that popped into my head is Jason Segal. I love him so much, especially on How I Met Your Mother. As for what I would say to him? I would probably just hope I could form some type of comprehendible sentence inside of just drooling. I would also ask him to say “Oh! I love it!”

9. What is up next for Sarah Ashley Jones?

Well, there will be a second book to follow Charlie and Jhett’s story in the future. I have also begun to work on a fantasy/paranormal series that I am super excited about as well! I will be at a Nashville signing on June 27th, Indie Romance Convention in October, and Indie Girl in February 2014! Lots of fun and exciting things!

10. Do you have anything specific you want to say to your readers?

Just that I seriously love you guys and cannot thank everyone enough for their support! I love social media and all it has to offer, so please find me on Facebook or Twitter and leave me a message or tweet me or anything and I will be sure to respond! I can’t wait to ‘meet’ everyone!
Promise Me This
by: Sarah Ashley Jones
Publishing Date: 6/17/13
Genre: New Adult

Description:
WARNING: This book is intended for mature readers due to strong language and sexual situations.

Welcome to the South - where the tea is sweet and the accents are sweeter. This Southern way of life is all Charlie has ever known. It’s not until she loses the only person who pushed her to break free of the Southern Belle mold that she starts living the life she needs and not the life her parents forced on her.

Jhett has lived on the edge for as long as he could remember - constantly teetering back and forth between being a rock star and living a normal life. His rebellious and sometimes arrogant attitude is known to get him into trouble, especially with the girls who hang on his every move.

Charlie never thought that a trip to pack up her brother’s apartment would leave her feeling even more unsettled about the grainy details of her brother’s death. Her quest for information leads her straight to his old hangout and into arms of Jhett, who suspiciously knows more about her situation than he ever should.

Only a few questions remain - Can you trust someone based on their word alone? And if you make a promise, how far will you go to keep it?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Purchase soon on 6/17/13
I'm Sarah! I'm a total goofball. This is pretty much the most important thing to know about me. Just kidding! I may be an adult but I have the heart of a child. I know when to be serious but I'm a hard worker with serious control issues, and maybe a splash of wit and a side of sassy. I'm addicted to Coca-Cola, obsessed with cupcakes, and also a Chapstick hoarder. 

When I'm not writing, I'm probably rounding up my crazy clan of four dogs or adventuring around town with my husband who encourages me to embrace me inner outdoors woman by fishing, camping, canoeing, and hiking. 

I'm a huge nerd, so please feel free to send me a friends request, email, or leave a comment. I will jump for joy any time of of those things happen. I am blessed beyond belief with all the love and support I have received this past year and I thank all of you for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB