Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review - "Flat-Out Sexy" by Erin McCarthy

Flat-Out Sexy
(Fast Track #1)
Publishing Date: 10/30/08
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Source: Library Book
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Description:
"One of the romance writing industry's brightest stars" (Romance Reviews Today) returns with a flat-out delightful, new, and sexy contemporary romance about a woman who's happy being single -- and the man determined to change her mind.Independent single mother Tamara Briggs wanted to find a new, sexy, no-strings-attached man -- just not one as young as NASCAR driver Elec Monroe. But he sure does get her heart racing. And after she's tricked into a blind date with him, Tamara gives in to her passion. Things screech to a halt, though, when he asks to meet her children. Whatever happened to wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am? Suddenly Tamara has to decide how much risk she's willing to take to experience the power of true love.
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
I chose to one day read from my TBR list from Goodreads.com.  I ran the numbers through random.org and ended up on "Flat-Out Sexy" as my pick to read.  So what did I do...I put a hold on the book at my local library and picked it up in a couple of days.  I was a little skeptical of reading it at first since it was my first contemporary romance on RaceCar Drivers.
No Paranormal in this book...which I'm a Paranormal addict, if you know me well.  I'm slowly, but surely breaking off of Paranormal Romance though and branching out more and I'm so glad I did.
"Flat-Out Sexy" had me out of my comfort zone in an amazing way.  I found out "Flat-Out Sexy" was more Erotica than anything.  The sex scenes had my heart stop several times.  Erin McCarthy writes a sex scene where you feel like your experiencing it.  Eek!!!  <~~By the way that's a good Eek!  =)
First let me explain the characters, what I really enjoyed about this book and why I'm picking up the next book at my local library.
Tamara is a Widow of a Race Car Driver...she's a Mom of two beautiful kids.  She rather be single, then hook up with a Race Car driver again since she lost her husband on the job.  She's trying the dating thing after two years after losing her husband and she's not very good at it...well that's what she thinks.
The first guy she hooks up with, she has no chemistry.  Then she meets, Elec...a young race car driver who changes her world.
You will learn that Tamara is very insecure about her age, her body, her looks and her image while she's in the public.  I feel terrible for Tamara throughout the book because of her insecurities.  Reminds me of myself sometimes.  I have a loving husband though that has helped me through my insecurities and Tamara actually finds a Man who helps her through hers too.
Elec is one hot young rookie in the Racing Career.  He's just starting off.  He's from a family of race car drivers.  You will find out his brother is a Race Car driver and their sister helps get them in the public eyes.
When he meets Tamara, he falls head over in heels for her and he wasn't even expecting it.  He thought it was just for lust.
Tamara and Elec end up meeting secretly for sex...that way Tamara is isn't shunned from her In-laws.   Her Father-in-law has despised Elec's father for awhile now and Tamara never knew why...so what do you think would happen if he found out she was hooked up with Elec?
My thoughts on the character chemisty...Elec is perfect for Tamara.  He may be younger than Tamara and have crazy ex-girlfriend's after him (you will find out if you read the book...let's just say I wanted to go through the book and slap the crap out of Crystal).  Friggin' Crazy-ASS!!!...but Elec makes Tamara realize what LOVE is again.
 What made me love him even more, is how well, he took to Tamara's kids.  The kids even adored him.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and glad Random.org chose this book for me to read.  I don't think I would've ever read this book until a couple of years from now.
I loved the ending also for Tamara and Elec and hope that the other books will peek more into their lives. 
I'm looking forward to the next books now.
It's about time I branch away from paranormal every once in awhile.  I also love finding new authors who capture my attention.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB