Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review - "Ties to the Blood Moon" by Robin P. Waldrop

Ties to the Blood Moon
by: Robin P. Waldrop
Publishing Date: 11/1/11
Source: Provided by Author
Genre: YA

Description:
Genevieve is a teenage girl who moves in with her aunt in Alaska after the death of her mother. Soon after her arrival she learns the things she was raised to believe only existed in fairytales are in fact a big part of her history. When it gets to be too much she seeks refuge in the arms of her new boyfriend, William, only to find out he's not who she thought he was either.

Photobucket
My Review:
I always love reading books from new authors that I haven't tried out yet.  I came across Robin P. Waldrop at Goodreads.com...which is my fave site to be on.  Once I read the description of "Ties of the Blood Moon", I knew I had to see what it was all about.  
First off, this is my first book I've read that has it's location in Alaska.  Usually, when you read about Vampires it's in Louisiana or another southern state (except for Twilight of course).  Werewolves are usually in northern Washington, Colorado, etc.  It's time for a book to have most of it's action in Alaska.  One state I would love to visit.  
Robin P. Waldrop takes you into a different world of Werewolves and Vampires.  They work together, actually.  Well...kind of.  The werewolves have been waiting for their princess to come back and take the throne.  ***That's a storyline never used before...and I really enjoyed it***.  
She throws in twists and turns you weren't expecting...like the ending.  Really...Robin...that was not expected.  I kept thinking other things, but you really threw me off.  Sorry, everyone I'm not spoiling anything about this book.  If you want to find out what Robin does, you need to read it for yourself.  I hate giving out spoilers.  
Now for one of the things that I wasn't really fond of...in the beginning it just dragged on, with a love development story between the characters.  It did remind me a little bit about Twilight in the beginning, but after awhile, it took it a different turn...which made me like it again.  Sometimes, having too much of a development of romance in the characters and not enough action, makes me want to put down a book and stop reading it.  I can't stand heroines who also complain and whine.  Genevieve did irritate me in parts of the books, but that's because she's a teenager.  I remember being a teenager, but I'm glad I didn't act like her in certain parts of the book when she gave her Aunt a hard time. 
I will say this, Robin, definitely had me loving the characters, Joseph and Luna in the book.  I especially loved Joseph. There is just something about him, I like better than William. Luna of course is an amazing friend to Genevieve and I loved how Robin writes about the friendship between Luna and Genevieve.  You don't usually see that in books.  You usually just read about the romance, not friendship.
I recommend this to anyone who loves a different twist to the vampire/werewolf stories and who also loves twists and turns.  You'll definitely get a few "What the heck" and "No way" in this book.  
Thank you, Robin for giving me a chance to read/review your book.  I look forward to reading more about these characters and find out what their next adventure is.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB