Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review - "The Heart of a Killer" by Jaci Burton

The Heart of a Killer
(The Killer #1)
Publishing Date: 10/18/11
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Source: Netgalley

Description:
Before the Special Forces hero has even unpacked his bags from twelve years of active duty, he's embroiled in murder—corpses bearing the brutal trademark he's seen only once before—on the worst night of his life. The last time Detective Anna Pallino saw Dante Renaldi, they were in love. Now, he's part of the connection to a string of fresh homicides and a horrible assault Anna only survived thanks to him. More than anything, Anna wants to trust Dante. But as the bodies and the coincidences stack up, Anna will have to decide, and fast: Is the man she owes her life to the very same one who wants her dead?
Photobucket

My Review:
(Originally Reviewed on Mrs. Papillion aka "The Book Worm")
My first real romantic suspense novel without the paranormal being involved and what are my thoughts...well, don't look at the rate score I gave this book as being bad. Don't get me wrong, I liked this book. I liked the suspense to it and I liked how the book took a twist at the end that I wasn't really expecting. As far as the sex scenes and some of the actual action to the book, I wasn't really impressed. I'm more into hardcore sex scenes, but this book was about capturing the killer on the loose.
12 years ago, the character, Anna Pallino was attacked in the alley behind her ice cream shoppe she worked at when she was 16 years old. She never got over the attack and still suffered with panic attacks. She had her 4 best friends there during the attack that went after the attacker for her that night. They thought though they had did something the attacker that could send them all back to Juvie, so that night two of the guys went their own way and two of the guys stayed behind to watch over Anna. Anna even changed her career choice and became a cop to help her over that night.
What Anna doesn't know is that night would relive itself 12 years later, but this time it would involve her bestfriend's foster father and a few other close one's in her life. Her bestfriend/lover, Dante comes back from 12 years of being away. She wants him to know that she has changed and he can't just win her heart over again. Dante of course hasn't stopped loving Anna. They're chemistry in this book was amazing. You could tell after 12 years of being away from each other they had some serious tension between them both. When they finally give in to each other, it's much needed. Dante is very gentle and loving towards Anna and very protectice still. He knows how much she has gone through and he takes it slow with her when she is ready. I think that is why I loved his character the most. (But also because he had mystery to him that every other character was trying to figure out). Anna of course I loved her because she was strong even when she was attacked 12 years ago. She takes her cop job seriously and always tells people, she doesn't need backup. She can take care of herself.
When the killings keep piling up in the book and the killer starts targeting Anna's friends and starts leaving her love notes and flowers on her doorstep...Anna has to look back 12 years ago to find out who the killer really is because something isn't adding up. What she finds out surprises her and even her 4 guy friends.
What Jaci Burton does though, makes you as a reader go WHOA, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be that character. I had to re-read a few sentences in the book to make sure I got the killer's name right. I couldn't believe it. I think that is what made me interested in this book the most.
I recommend this book to all the romantic suspense lovers out there. As for the usual readers who love paranormal romance and are expecting some major heated love scenes...just remember, not every author is the same. Jaci Burton is an amazing author. I definitely liked this book, but it wasn't my fave of the year. I do look forward to the next book in the series and hope the next character Jaci writes about is Gabe. He definitely had a mystery to him and I definitely want to know why he chose the job he did in this book after that attack 12 years ago. I think he's hiding something.
Photobucket

3 comments:

_yay_ said...

We arrived at the same rating- Review - AND my last comment was abt a certain chracter as well *hehe*.
Great review!
Have you read Pamela Clare's I-Team series? "my first real rom. susp.* So, probably not huh? I highly recommend these books.
Happy Thursday!
_yay_

Unknown said...

I haven't read any of her books yet, but I do have them on my TBR list. I'll have to check them out from my Library next month. =)

Unknown said...

I love Jaci Burton but compared to her other books, yeah this one is definitely lacking!

And I LOVE the I-Team series! Breaking point is my favorite one. I actually read that one first and then went back and read the others and now I am SO excited she's releasing and I-Team novella!!! :) ~Anna

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB