Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Review: "The Demoness of Waking Dreams" by Stephanie Chong

The Demoness 
of Waking Dreams
(The Company of Angels #2)
Publishing Date: 8/28/12
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Netgalley

Description:
Even ANGELS can be tough... Ex-cop Brandan Clarkson is an angel with an edge. His tough exterior is the perfect camouflage for his job-hunting down the most dangerous criminals on earth. Brendan's a self-reliant and demanding lone wolf, constantly on the brink of clashing with his superiors at the Company of Angels.

Brandan is the perfect angel to track and capture demoness Luciana Rossetti. Luciana's cool, green-eyed beauty masks her true nature: inside, she's a dangerous and malevolent killer. Yet, she sees what most people don't-that beneath the layers of Brandan's rugged shell beats the heart of a passionate lover.

They are perfectly matched. Yin and yang. Angel and demon. Man and woman. But only one of them can win the battle of wills, of strength and of desire.
Photobucket
My Review:
I have been waiting forever for this book.  Well...not forever, but it felt like that.  I absolutely love "The Company of Angels" books by Stephanie Chong.  I fell in love with the characters in the first book in "Where Demons Fear to Tread" last year. I just knew I would love this one too.
I remember, the female character, Luciana in the first book and I was excited to read more about her in this book.  (I really did not like her in the first book...but she grew on me in this book)
Luciana has fled to Venice, Italy to do her duty of giving the devil his yearly duty.  Once in Venice, she tracks down her sacrifice, but ends up running into one of the Company of Angels.
She ends up not making the sacrifice in time thanks to the Angel. In the mean time, she has to find away to make it up to her big boss...but the Angel of course is not making it easy for her.
She even has her past lover...threatening her...so it is not going to be easy for Luciana to make her boss happy again.
Brandon, the angel that interferes with Luciana's plan is trying to capture Luciana for the Company of Angels.  She is his assignment...but of course, he finds Luciana to be misunderstood.  He feels she could change and he is finding her very irresistible.
Of course...in "The Demoness of Waking Dreams", other characters are brought back from the first book...that I really was excited to read about.  Corbin (who was such a jerk in the first book), Julian (who I have a HUGE crush on..yes I know he is fictional...but he stole my heart), and several others that I do not what to name.  I'll give away too much.
New characters are introduced as well...who I hope come back in the third book.
My thoughts on The Demoness of Waking Dreams...I loved every minute of it and had a hard time putting down my Kindle.  I would read while doing other things.  (laundry, etc.)  I'm a multi-tasker...I can read as well as take care of things around me.  At least I tried to.  =)
I loved the storyline for Luciana and Brandon.  Luciana has her own story and so does Brandon.  Both of their stories broke my heart.  I could not believe what actually happened to Brandon at the end.  I would be upset as well.
Oh let me not forget that Julian ends up in the story...and of course I find out more about him and what happened between him and Luciana.  =)
Luciana and Brandon were perfect for each other.  Luciana helped Brandon out with his problems and Brandon helped Luciana.  =)
I could go on and on, how much I loved this book...but of course I do not want to spoil this book for anyone.
The ending, I was definitely not expecting. I'm a little interested on what is going to happen in the third book now.
I recommend this book to paranormal romance readers, angel and demon addicts (like myself) and fans of Stephanie Chong.  You definitely will be amazed on what happens in this book.
If you read the first book, you will enjoy to read about the previous characters, like I did.  =)

My dream is to do a character interview with Julian in the future.  *sigh*  He definitely is a FAVE of mine.
Let me not to forget to mention that Stephanie Chong has a fan for life.
Countdown to Book 3 is now on.  =)
Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I should get on this like ASAP!

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB